Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Our 2010 First Round Draft Pick Should Be...

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: What Position Should We Draft in the 2010 First Round
Offensive Lineman 159 75.36%
Running Back 2 0.95%
Quarterback 50 23.70%
Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2009, 03:33 AM   #331
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

Re: Our 2010 First Round Draft Pick Should Be...

i'll take a wait and see approach on cj spiller...if you want to compare him with chris johnson...which he is in a league of his own right now...we'll really have to wait for his combine 40 time.

plus have you ever heard him speak? doesn't seem that bright...then again...chris johnson doesn't sound so smart either.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-30-2009, 04:18 AM   #332
AYJAX
Camp Scrub

Most likely we will have a top ten or top five draft pick. there should be great players there, but we need more then just one great player. we don't have all of our picks in the 2010 draft. our third round pick was used up by Jarmon and we have a 5th or 6th round pick burned on the Jason Taylor trade. We need to trade down to a lower first round pick and hope to get a couple of 2nd and 3rd round picks out of the deal. there is a lot of players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that can be starters. as far as what positions we need to draft it should be O-line with dam near all the pick. One player will not fix our problems, but a whole fucking lot of players just might.

As for trading Cooley or Davis because we don't need two great tightends, thats crazy. we just need to star running more plays with two tightends. Trading good players for draft picks is going to do nothing but hurt our team. Unless you want to trade portis, then go for it.
AYJAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:56 AM   #333
mlmdub130
Playmaker

not sure if they will be eligible but i'd like one of these guys

YouTube - HARDEST HITTING 6 YEARS OLD

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #334
johno
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
im sorry Fletcher needs to go
have you watched a single redskins game this year? fletcher has been the best player on this defense for a long time. it astounds me that you think it is time for him to leave. wow.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #335
Landry44

I think it's stupid to dedicate an entire draft to just one position. We do need OL more than anything. But, we also have other positions that need to be addressed. We are weak at LB, QB, and RB. I do think we should draft a solid OL. However, we need to also address QB, RB, and LB as well.
Landry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:56 PM   #336
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landry44 View Post
I think it's stupid to dedicate an entire draft to just one position. We do need OL more than anything. But, we also have other positions that need to be addressed. We are weak at LB, QB, and RB. I do think we should draft a solid OL. However, we need to also address QB, RB, and LB as well.
we attempted to get some lb's last year we picked up hensen and glenn and as far as i know we still have them

rb's we do need someone young and quick we could try to get some one in the 4th or 5th, someone like noel devine from wvu a small quick back to complement rock or betts next year, portis could also be a good spell back next year

we really have noe one up and coming as far as lineman go, you could throw rinehart and williams names in there but neither is a true stud, the best returning lineman we will have next year is dockery and thats not saying much

and imo we need a line before we bring in a qb to get hurt

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:31 PM   #337
Hamoskinz
Special Teams

With top picks like CJ Spiller, Jahvid Best and Jonathan Dwyer probably taken in 1st round down to 2nd round, followed by guys like Joe McKnight, Ryan Mathews in the 2nd - 3rd etc... There is a good chance Toby Gerhart & Dexter McCluster (I'm on their bandwagon) might be around the late 3rd - 4th round, so we can use the 1st on OL (Trent Williams), and OL or QB in the 2nd round and 4th on RB.

Bugel
Hamoskinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 05:39 PM   #338
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamoskinz View Post
With top picks like CJ Spiller, Jahvid Best and Jonathan Dwyer probably taken in 1st round down to 2nd round, followed by guys like Joe McKnight, Ryan Mathews in the 2nd - 3rd etc... There is a good chance Toby Gerhart & Dexter McCluster (I'm on their bandwagon) might be around the late 3rd - 4th round, so we can use the 1st on OL (Trent Williams), and OL or QB in the 2nd round and 4th on RB.
spiller is a reggie bush type, he wont be very successful in the pros. really hope we dont even think about him unless hes in the 3rd round or later. gerhart would be a great pickup if hes available in the later rounds.

as for first round, id like either suh from nebraska or okung/williams. if we go qb in the first its got to be either clausen or tebow imo. just my preferences.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:20 PM   #339
ENsDad27
Camp Scrub

It should be O-line, & our 2nd round pick should be O-line & our 4th round pick should be O-line
ENsDad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:02 PM   #340
Big C
Mr. Brightside

1st round-best player available at either QB or OT, whoever we have highest on our board at these positions. Throw in Suh to the mix just because a d-line with him would truly be unstoppable.

rest of the rounds fill with o-line and pick up a rb if a good one is there later as well.