Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

lil bro (#86FD) showing his worth...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-20-2009, 03:47 PM   #31
wolfeskins
The Starter

Re: lil bro (#86FD) showing his worth...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
If we're going to trade someone why not Fred Davis? If he can produce he could conceivably get us more than Cooley what with him being 4 years younger. And Davis hasn't established himself with the organization or community the way Cooley has.

Would prefer that we just keep them both though

bingo!! i agree 100%. keep both but if the need to trade one should ever arise, then trade davis instead of cooley.

Advertisements
Old 11-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #32
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Props to F. Davis for coming through in fine fashion. I think he only gets better moving forward and especially more explosive.

...looking ahead the HC/OC HAVE to find a way to utilize 2 TE sets, otherwise we are literally wasting a large portion of our talent on offense.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:57 PM   #33
GoSkins!
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I think having two effective TEs will greatly speed up the improvement on the line personally. Unless there was a high second rounder floating around out there, I'd just keep them both.
Why give up a guy we got, and presumably hit on, with a second round pick for a second round pick?

If we could trade him for a legit tackle/guard and a second round pick, then it would make sense. Otherwise, we would be trading him for a chance to get someone with similar ability and less experience.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #34
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSkins! View Post
Why give up a guy we got, and presumably hit on, with a second round pick for a second round pick?

If we could trade him for a legit tackle/guard and a second round pick, then it would make sense. Otherwise, we would be trading him for a chance to get someone with similar ability and less experience.
exactly!

we always say build from the draft now everyone wants to ship off one of the only guys who has panned out over the past 10 years, and from what davis is showing he looks legit too, nothing like have a double te set you can throw out of

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 05:48 PM   #35
itvnetop
Playmaker

Which reminds me... if Davis continues to produce throughout the season, can we get a BFD avatar?! I've been waiting to display one since he was drafted!
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:00 PM   #36
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
Which reminds me... if Davis continues to produce throughout the season, can we get a BFD avatar?! I've been waiting to display one since he was drafted!
Where have you been the last couple of weeks. Did you go on vacation or something?
Old 11-20-2009, 06:01 PM   #37
ethat001
Impact Rookie

WHY would you trade Davis? Come on - a good YOUNG TE on a cheap rookie contract? Clearly you keep Davis and trade Cooley (the more expensive version). Even if Davis isn't as good, having another draft pick on the o-line would be worth more to the team than keeping one of these TE's on the bench for 50% of the game.

I've said it before - I'm a big fan of trading older veterans in their prime (ONLY if we get good value):
1) Chris Cooley
2) Andre Carter
3) Santana Moss/Randel El -- but we wouldn't get good value

All the above are in their prime, would cost a lot and may be able to demand good draft picks (probably not 1st rounder, but 2nd rounders?). Then draft O-line (LT/RT,C), QB, OLB and RB if any good ones are available. maybe CB and MLB too.
ethat001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #38
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Where have you been the last couple of weeks. Did you go on vacation or something?
Hehe... naw, just work and busy weekends with music. I will be here on Cowboys' game day, though!
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #39
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Nice to see Fred taking advantage of his opportunity. I always felt he could get the job done, but playing behind a pro-bowler he just didn't get a lot of chances. Will be interesting to see how he's utilized once Cooley returns.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:40 PM   #40
Eknox
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethat001 View Post
WHY would you trade Davis? Come on - a good YOUNG TE on a cheap rookie contract? Clearly you keep Davis and trade Cooley (the more expensive version). Even if Davis isn't as good, having another draft pick on the o-line would be worth more to the team than keeping one of these TE's on the bench for 50% of the game.

I've said it before - I'm a big fan of trading older veterans in their prime (ONLY if we get good value):
1) Chris Cooley
2) Andre Carter
3) Santana Moss/Randel El -- but we wouldn't get good value

All the above are in their prime, would cost a lot and may be able to demand good draft picks (probably not 1st rounder, but 2nd rounders?). Then draft O-line (LT/RT,C), QB, OLB and RB if any good ones are available. maybe CB and MLB too.
I hate to say it, but you make a good point. I don't know about being able to get a draft picks that matches the production of the players, and I don't see anyone trading for ARE..
Eknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #41
rbanerjee23
The Starter

if you're really his little brother, tell him to hang on to the ball, he's got a ton of talent and if he just hangs on to the ball.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 09:36 PM   #42
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbanerjee23 View Post
if you're really his little brother, tell him to hang on to the ball, he's got a ton of talent and if he just hangs on to the ball.
and tell him next time he hears "tight end reverse" in a huddle to call a timeout immediatly

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:04 PM   #43
Zerohero
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooskins View Post
Im in the minority, but I say we ship off Cooley, beside he is the only Redskin that has any trade value. And we rebuild from there on.

I am expecting a bunch of angry responds lol.
Not here, i like Cooley but it's not like he makes us much better. If we can get some value why not.
Zerohero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 10:12 PM   #44
FRPLG
MVP

No way on trading him unless it's a blow away offer...and thats true or any player. I some had a nice 1st rounder they could ship us we'd have to consider it. But I'd rather keep the quality offensive players we have since we don't have many.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 02:28 AM   #45
skins89moss
Playmaker

Why trade a player you drafted in the 3rd round and gave up a pick to draft him. The Redskins developed him and now you think its time to trade him after we finally have a probowl TE. Who was our last pro bowl TE before Cooley? They dont grow on trees so why not hve 1 pro Bowler in Cooley and a up and coming good player to go with him in Davis. This is responding to Hooskins about trading Cooley.