It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-18-2009, 06:02 PM   #91
saden1
MVP

Re: It Is Dallas Week, Isn't It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
Well....when summary sentences carry IF, it usually means can't and won't. AND if every team had the oppurtunity to erase....one or two of those pesky turnovers, every team would look like the Pats?

LOL...I asked a Colts fan before Mondays game the same question...you know what he said? "I already have my bags packed for the SB." He didn't even blink...I said put your money where you mouth is and he did...$20 on the Colts going to the SB. I'm afriad he might collect.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-18-2009, 06:23 PM   #92
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
What I believe is the Cowboys are thier own worst enemy. They beat themselves, more often than not and really dont get beat on the field.

Loss to the Giants. Giants did not win the game so much as Dallas lost it. Dallas turns the ball over 4 times, and still lost by only 2 points. Take away one or 2 turnovers, the outcome is much different.

Loss to Denver.....Romo fumbles inside his own 20 giving the Broncos a short field. Broncos score their only TD on that drive. Romo does not fumble....different outcome.

Loss to Green Bay. Other than Roy Williams having bacon grease on his hands all day and Romo's fumble, I blame that loss strictly on the coaching staff. When you have one of the leagues top rated rushing attacks, with 3 solid running backs that could be starters any where else on the league, then why in the hell do you run the ball only 11 damn times for the whole game and throw it 49? Especially on the road in Green Bay.

During that 4 game winning streak this season, the penalties were reduced and the team did not turn the ball over even once in 4 games. And they ran a very balanced offensive attack. As a result they won 4 straight.

So to answer your question, I like to think that if Dallas can play semi-mistake free football, they can compete with any team in the league.
What about B. Marshall's game winner?

Also, we could say we could've beat philly if you take away the turnovers, but why doesn't the defense get credit for forcing them? In the dallas - nyg game Pierce makes a great call & perhaps confused romo into a bad throw for a pick 6. Turnovers are also forced, not just given up.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:24 PM   #93
freddyg12
Playmaker

Oh yeah Sandtrap, good point about running it 11 times. I'm afraid your pokes will wise up against us & have a balanced attack. Our run d isn't up to its usual this year.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #94
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post

Also, we could say we could've beat philly if you take away the turnovers, but why doesn't the defense get credit for forcing them? In the dallas - nyg game Pierce makes a great call & perhaps confused romo into a bad throw for a pick 6. Turnovers are also forced, not just given up.
Here's hoping Dallas gives up more than we do.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #95
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
LOL...I asked a Colts fan before Mondays game the same question...you know what he said? "I already have my bags packed for the SB." He didn't even blink...I said put your money where you mouth is and he did...$20 on the Colts going to the SB. I'm afriad he might collect.
They are....impressive. Manning.....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #96
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Zorn said today Albert is doubtful for Sunday's game because that ankle is so swollen. I think w/o him we rarely get pressure on Romo and the run defense is even worse. What a bummer for Dallas week.
Old 11-19-2009, 03:18 AM   #97
skins89moss
Playmaker

Warning to the Redskins D-Line Tony Romo is not easy to sack. Our defense better wrap him up because he scambles well and he can extend the play which most times results in big plays. When we get the chance to sack him we better get him to the ground. Our defense has to tackle better with Marion Barber running the ball. Offense stay out of 2nd and 3rd down long situations.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:03 AM   #98
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Zorn said today Albert is doubtful for Sunday's game because that ankle is so swollen. I think w/o him we rarely get pressure on Romo and the run defense is even worse. What a bummer for Dallas week.
If Zorn said it, it must be t... wait, nevermind. I think I will wait for Sunday. I think AH is a guy who's gonna go if there is any way possible. I agree that without him it will be tough, but we did beat them last year without him and their line is worse now than last year. I just think him lining up against Flo is worth 5 false starts throughout the game.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:45 AM   #99
MTK
\m/

I think fat Al will be in the lineup. He still has a few days to get that swelling down, after that just tape up that bad boy and get out there and wreak some havoc.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #100
budw38
Playmaker

Mr. Orakpo will also line up across from the cowpukes backup RT .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:54 AM   #101
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post

No arguement there. That play Pierce made was simply a great player making a great play. Indeed, he did force the turnover.

My problem is with the other 3 (all on Romo) were stupid turnovers. Mishandling and fumbling on the Dallas side of the 50. Throwing deep balls into double and even triple coverage. Those are the silly mistakes he did NOT make in that 4 game winning streak.

But you see my point, yes, defenses do force turnovers. But it is the silly ones that are well within the control of the offense to avoid that will kill them.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:59 AM   #102
budw38
Playmaker

How bout a SHUTOUT of the cowboys !!!! Can I get a second on that ?
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:02 AM   #103
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
How bout a SHUTOUT of the cowboys !!!! Can I get a second on that ?
I will second the love of seeing it, but I can't see our D doing it
Old 11-19-2009, 11:18 AM   #104
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Could it be they can't play well against top defenses? I mean, Giants, Packers, and Broncos are defensively ranked #1, #4, #6 respectively.
Redskins ranked 5th.