Pro Bowl

Re: Thumbs up and Thumbs Down

Thumbs Up:
*The offensive line. Especially Levi Jones
*The RBs for running hard. Especially Betts
*The trio of Davis, Thomas and Kelly
*Hunter Smith
*The Shermans playcalling
*Phat Albert for playing hurt and leaving it all on the field. Our new leader on defense?
*A win is a win is a win

Thumbs Down:
*Carlos Rogers for playing like crap and acting like a punk
*Blache. Your run defense has turned pathetic and overall the defense is underperforming. You were given way more talent than the offense over the off-season, especially w/ the likes of a 350 lbs phenom to stop the run and a young stud LB. That talent easily exceeds what you lost in Jason Taylor, Springs (who has little to do w/ the run defense anyway) and Marcus, yet your unit is worse than last year's.

Advertisements
Old 11-15-2009, 10:58 PM   #17
redskins5044
Playmaker

Thumbs up: O-line, Betts and Cartwright for running hard and punching it in on the goaline, Hunter Smith for selling that fake FG, and forcing two turnovers and not having any.

Thumbs down: Secondary on the 3 plays were WR were left wide open, Randle El for costing us field position on the punt he didnt field.
redskins5044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #18
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redskins5044 View Post
Thumbs up: O-line, Betts and Cartwright for running hard and punching it in on the goaline, Hunter Smith for selling that fake FG, and forcing two turnovers and not having any.

Thumbs down: Secondary on the 3 plays were WR were left wide open, Randle El for costing us field position on the punt he didnt field.
Yeppers thanks for the reminder. ARL returning punts has become almost comical...pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaase kick this dude off special teams.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:07 AM   #19
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Thumbs up for Jarmon. I hope no one is griping at the draft about how we don't have a 3rd round pick, because this kid has played good, and can only get better
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:31 AM   #20
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Thumbs up- OLINE OLINE OLINE, Betts and our new trio of targets for JC.

Thumbs Down- CR,he is a punk who we dont need. Our defense overall.Last yr we were solid and had no pass rush, now its reversed. I hope you guys who complained about our lack of sacks are freakin happy lol.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:34 AM   #21
MTK
\m/

Thumbs up to the whole damn team for giving us something to smile about, even if it's just for a week.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:50 AM   #22
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Thumbs up: For a little creativity and design in the area of ST's. For the running of both Betts & Cartwright behind a much maligned OL. The play of Levi Jones was stellar considering he hasn't played in a year, and has only been here two weeks.

Thumbs down: For the defense as a whole that played miserable for portions of the first half. Cudos to the coaches for sticking with the game plan, not getting away from the running game because of the early defecit.

Bottle the things we did right in this game and let them serve as a model for the remaining seven games.
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:36 AM   #23
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Thumbs up to the whole damn team for giving us something to smile about, even if it's just for a week.
Amen to that!!

Although I didn't watch whole game, but based on what I have seen;
Thumbs ups:
- O-line; they were definitely much better since maybe week 1 or 2? Levi Jones obviously became one of great pick-ups (so far?), also I thought Rinehart performed well?
- RBs; who would have think that without Portis in the line up, running game would be better.. At this point, I would love it if Zorn decides to make Betts #1 for rest of the season.. I'm impressed with Ganther, as well, he has done well, especially when he was signed two or three weeks ago..
- Receivers; I'm glad that all players (unfortunately, Mitchell wasn't involved except for his blockings) got involved in the game.. I hope this will continues throughout the season!
- Sherm; he may be good at bingo, but he definitely is helping our offense!
- DEs; Carter and Orakpo continue to be beasts, with help of Haynesworth and DTs..
- We finally snapped the 17- points! Although it's all because of Smith, but still..
- Special team; props to Danny Smith and Hunter Smith for creating the play and making it to happen!!

Thumbs down:
- Defense; what the hell happened? We are giving up big plays now, isn't that Landry's responsibility to stop the big plays? I'm absolutely disappointed in Rogers, I have always believed that he's our #1 CB but unfortunately, Blache isn't playing to Rogers' talent, which is bump and run (man to man).. I think we pretty much can expect our FO to let Rogers walk away, it is better that way anyway, especially with his egoistic.. Our running defense game wasn't so good neither..
- Campbell; although he did make some plays but he also missed some plays.. He overthrew some (e.g., Fred Davis and Moss on the bomb), missed Yoder for a touchdown (he was totally wide open).. But we still have to give him props for not giving up..
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote