Our next coach??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #1
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: Our next coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
where gray going? i heard you say something about memphis . .
Yup Memphis
Old 11-24-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Right, it's looking more and more likely that before Thanksgiving he'll be named the next coach at Memphis (thanks in no small part to Pepper Rodgers and Fred Smith). I don't know when he would actually go though
Old 11-24-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

If Shanahan comes here it will be the Joe Gibbs role.
Structure is like this
Owner: Snyder
Preisident- Head Coach Shanahan
Head Flunky- Cerrato.
The final decision will be Shanahan on who stays, who goes. I don't automaticly think that JC will be gone if Shanahan comes in here.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
over the mountain
Playmaker

^^ under gibbs wasnt it gibbs and cerrato (50/50) with the DS as the breaker if he need be?
Old 11-25-2009, 02:30 AM   #5
Zorn on the 4th of July
Special Teams

It has to be Russ Grimm. The planets are aligning. This is his destiny.

Redskins history aside, here's his official title with the Arizona Cardinals: "Asst. Head Coach/Running Game Coordinator/Offensive Line."

Perfect, right? Especially considering all those new O-lineman we're gonna have next season. Especially considering the only way we seem to win is when we run the ball. Especially considering Cowher may take the helm in Dallas. Read Grimm's full bio on the Cards' website. Tell me it's not perfect.

I know a lot of people are jaded with coordinators, but we can't keep retreading old coaches. Does anyone on the list of available former HCs inspire total confidence? To me only Cowher is acceptable, but a previous post mentioning his desire to "coach a warm weather team" totally turns me off. I don't want somebody who misses coaching and wants to pick up a few more wins before retiring again. I want somebody who wants THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS to be winners. I want somebody who, when the poop hits the fan (and a rookie O-lineman blocks the wrong guy), doesn't feel buyer's remorse for coming off the golf course, I want somebody who gets PISSED OFF.

It HAS to be Russ Grimm.

My 2010 Head Coach Checklist

RUSS GRIMM
-- NOT previously fired: CHECK
-- NOT coming out of retirement: CHECK
-- NOT inexperienced: CHECK
-- Previous ties to Redskins organization: CHECK
-- Able to physically intimidate front office: CHECK
-- Confirmed badass: CHECK (x2)
-- Super Bowl rings: CHECK (x4)
-- Run/O-line-oriented: CHECK (x1 billion)

Ladies and gentlemen, I humbly submit my nominee for the new head coach of the Washington Redskins, the distinguished gentleman from Western Pennsylvania, Mr. Russ Grimm.
Zorn on the 4th of July is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorn on the 4th of July View Post

Redskins history aside, here's his official title with the Arizona Cardinals: "Asst. Head Coach/Running Game Coordinator/Offensive Line."

Perfect, right? Especially considering all those new O-lineman we're gonna have next season. Especially considering the only way we seem to win is when we run the ball. Especially considering Cowher may take the helm in Dallas. Read Grimm's full bio on the Cards' website. Tell me it's not perfect.

I know a lot of people are jaded with coordinators, but we can't keep retreading old coaches. Does anyone on the list of available former HCs inspire total confidence? To me only Cowher is acceptable, but a previous post mentioning his desire to "coach a warm weather team" totally turns me off. I don't want somebody who misses coaching and wants to pick up a few more wins before retiring again. I want somebody who wants THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS to be winners. I want somebody who, when the poop hits the fan (and a rookie O-lineman blocks the wrong guy), doesn't feel buyer's remorse for coming off the golf course, I want somebody who gets PISSED OFF.

It HAS to be Russ Grimm.

RUSS GRIMM

Ladies and gentlemen, I humbly submit my nominee for the new head coach of the Washington Redskins, the distinguished gentleman from Western Pennsylvania, Mr. Russ Grimm.
Damn brother. Way to bring the meat on your 17th post here on the Warpath. Fantastic post.

You sold me for sure. I've always liked Russ Grimm obviously, but never really had his credentials laid out for me like that. I'm on board with him as our next coach.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:58 AM   #7
Paintrain
Pro Bowl

Quote:

It HAS to be Russ Grimm.

RUSS GRIMM

I like your passion, but Grimm is Zorn. He's never been seriously considered for any head coaching jobs, has never been playcaller, is in his mid-fifties and is a successful position coach but not much more. There's nothing about him, other than former Redskin, that should make him a more attractive candidate than about 20 guys out there.

I'm not dead but this team is dead to me...but now that McCloughan is here they may have new life!

Jay Gruden = Zorny McSpurrier
Kirk Cousins = Next Grossman
Paintrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 AM   #8
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:

It HAS to be Russ Grimm.

RUSS GRIMM

If you want Grimm over Gruden, Cowher, Shannhan, etc... god bless you becasue you are basically hiring a tough guy Jim Zorn.

Look at your check list:

RUSS GRIMM
-- NOT previously fired: CHECK, don't know how that makes him a good HC
-- NOT coming out of retirement: CHECK see above
-- NOT inexperienced: CHECK never been a HC
-- Previous ties to Redskins organization: CHECK ok so what
-- Able to physically intimidate front office: CHECK how do you even know this
-- Confirmed badass: CHECK (x2) ok again how do you know this
-- Super Bowl rings: CHECK (x4) not as a HC
-- Run/O-line-oriented: CHECK (x1 billion) good point

Basically Grimm is a bigger risk then hiring a proven HC, not as big of a risk as Zorn but damn close.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:16 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

No Gibbs had more sway than Cerrato, even Williams was up there fairly high in the decision making process
Old 11-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #10
53Fan
Franchise Player

I would hate to lose Jerry Gray. I really wanted to see him as our DC one day.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:34 PM   #11
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Ya know what you all are pissing me off, raining on my parade! Did you all plan this?

First off was Matty ( ) with his Shottenheimer won't be coming back. Then when I come back I see Matty pointing out that Marty has no wish to be a GM or HC ever again. Thanks friend.

Then freddy continues with the whole "don't be supprised it Zorn is retained".

Then 12th has to convincingly agree.

Then someone has to throw the aged old Blache in the mix for HC.

Thanks. Appreciate it. Better yet why hasn't someone mentioned Fassel? Definitly send me over the edge.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:24 PM   #12
WaldSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
Ya know what you all are pissing me off, raining on my parade! Did you all plan this?

First off was Matty ( ) with his Shottenheimer won't be coming back. Then when I come back I see Matty pointing out that Marty has no wish to be a GM or HC ever again. Thanks friend.

Thanks. Appreciate it. Better yet why hasn't someone mentioned Fassel? Definitly send me over the edge.
If Wade Phillips is let go we should go after him
Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 PM   #13
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
If Wade Phillips is let go we should go after him
LOL, you guys are killing me.

I actually wouldn't mind that ....so long as he's signed on to be the coordinator. I actually think he's a decent coordinator he just sucks as a HC.

Wouldn't it be hillarious if everyone just played round robin with the HC's.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:08 AM   #14
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:

Whoo!!? I know in the formentioned situation, That I'm loading up my gun and about to eat lead sushi..
Old 11-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #15
12thMan
MVP

Quote:

I maintain, I don't think Zorn is gone "no matter what." The only caveat would be, as SS has mentioned, if Shanahan and his crew come to D.C. Gruden sounds like he's out, and I never thought Holmgren was a serious candidate for the gig to begin with. But you never know. Cowher, I guess it could happen but not likely it seems. Tony Dungy ain't coming here for sure.

So after you get through the top three or four big names, who's really left? And equally as important, who's seriously interested? A few guys that are a little better than Jim Zorn? Unless we're bringing in someone with a lot playoff experience or Super Bowls under their belt, I'm leaning 60-40 for Zorn staying.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote