Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Running Game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-02-2009, 10:38 AM   #46
redsk1
The Starter

Re: Running Game

I felt coming into the season that our run game would be the key to the season. With a good run game or effective run game it would open up some things downfield for JC and company. Without a run game it would be tough for JC to have a very good year.

So far, our RB's consistently get hit behind the LOS and we have a hard time getting that push up front. Amazingly, JC has been ok w/ the pass game w/ virtually no run game to speak of. Now keep in mind we've played two horrible defenses as well.

Pass protection seems to be pretty good too imo.

With all of that CP isn't the homerun RB that he used to be. He's an all around very good back but not a game changer. When is the last "wow" run you saw from CP? We're paying gobs of $ to a guy that we could get similar production from players that make less money. We don't have any options w/ CP. We're married to him for better or worse. I'm a CP fan too. I love how he plays, but i'm a Skins fan foremost. I'm thinking about a year or two down the road.
redsk1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #47
firstdown
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
The blocking has been mediocre at best (short yardage though has been brutal). The bigger issue is the offense hasn't been on the field long enough to establish the run.
Thats because they cannot convert 3rd downs and the D cannot stop 3rd down conversions.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #48
hail_2_da_skins
Impact Rookie

I'm a big Portis fan...BUT...he is not hitting the holes like he used to. Sometimes he hits the hole at full speed, other times it looks like he loses his balance and is falling into the hole. On the fourth and one play, he was falling into the hole without any contact. NOW, is this because he has lost a step or he is dealing with injuries we don't know about. He seems often injured and he is getting close to that age where running backs tend to fade. Prime example was the tiptoe burglar, Shawn Alexander. I would like to see Mason or Alridge get some touches. Betts is actually 2 years older than Portis.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 AM   #49
freddyg12
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldSkins View Post
Hey you should coach the skins with that creative thinking
lol! our new goal line O play caller!
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote