Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #16
TheSmurfs22
The Starter

Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Shocked by the Eagles' ranking. Maybe they were worried Eagles fans would hunt down Mosley and break his legs.
TheSmurfs22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2008, 05:59 PM   #17
DIRTEE
Special Teams

The Redskins are American's Team. We are the most loyal and most criticized team in the world. Largest stadium and its always full. We are the best fans, ESPN needs to check their facts. Mosley's high.
DIRTEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:13 PM   #18
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

It's probably been mentioned (too lazy to read the whole thread), but we have more consecutive sellouts and a longer season-ticket wait list than any other team in the league. More consecutive sellouts than Green Bay, and we're number 6? Come on.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #19
djnemo65
Playmaker

What's worse is that he says the Eagles fans hate the Cowboys more than us. What? Sure, the Eagles fans are football nihilists and hate everything - including the Cowboys. But that rivalry has no history and the Eagles have never beaten the Cowboys in a meaningful playoff game. And we hate them more, period.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #20
budw38
Playmaker

I can see the Steelers , Browns , Packers and KC in our class ,,,, but the freakin eagles ? Cleveland , Buffulo , Pitts, & Packers fans probably make less $ than fans in many of the fans in larger cities ,,, NY , DC , Miaimi ect. The Browns and Bills fans also have had many losing seasons over the years ,,,, and damn cold most of the year . Did anyone notice that in Seattle they have a city ordinance against tailgating ,,,,, what an F-D up City !!! I think we should sell the state of Washington to Canada .
budw38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:30 AM   #21
huntz
Special Teams

Thumbs down Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by budw38 View Post
I can see the Steelers , Browns , Packers and KC in our class ,,,, but the freakin eagles ? Cleveland , Buffulo , Pitts, & Packers fans probably make less $ than fans in many of the fans in larger cities ,,, NY , DC , Miaimi ect. The Browns and Bills fans also have had many losing seasons over the years ,,,, and damn cold most of the year . Did anyone notice that in Seattle they have a city ordinance against tailgating ,,,,, what an F-D up City !!! I think we should sell the state of Washington to Canada .
NO TAILGATING!! That's just un-American.
huntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:57 PM   #22
rypper11
The Starter

I don't think Eagles fans are bad fans, people from Philly are just basically worthless human beings.
Even without tailgating I think Seattle should be higher.
The worst in the NFL though are Panthers, Jaguars and Falcons. None should have an NFL team. All three cities are fickle and if the NFL left these cities I doubt many people would notice. One benefit though is how easy it is to get any ticket (especially Atlanta and Charlotte). Miami used to have great fans but the city's demographics have changed so much that the NFL is referred to as "American Football".
Old 08-31-2008, 09:17 AM   #23
coggs
Special Teams

I have been to games in Philly, Cleveland, and Washington. Sorry guys, but I put both those places ahead of DC. Despite how rough things have been for the skins, you do have 3 Super Bowls and 2 more NFC titles.

Let's think about what Eagles fans have had to deal with:

3 straight conference championship losses, 2 at home as heavy favorites. When they finally win, they have to see their QB puking on the field in the 4th quarter. Go further back, 1991 their D was #1 against the run AND the pass. Cunningham gets hurt on opening day. You could make an argument that Cunningham doesn't get hurt and they win the Super Bowl that year. Not saying they WOULD have beaten the skins in an NFC Champ game, but they could have. Late 80's early 90's, had to see 3 of your division rivals win Super Bowls, Giants x2, Skins x2, b!tches x3. Not sure, but it wouldn't shock me if you added up everyone's record from 88-96 if the Eagles were on top. Probably have the most play-off appearance of the four teams over that span too. Again, just going off the top of my head, so I could be wrong. They made it in 88, 89, 90, 92, 94, 95, 96 (I think), and could never win the ring.

As for the Browns, they $uck and those people are still passionate as hell. $h!t, they used to go to the old Municipal Stadium and tailgate on Sundays even when they didn't have a f'n team!!!

Agree with everyone that said the Pats are too high. To me, Bahsten is a very fair-weather town. This year it was all celtics celtics celtics. When I went there last year for Rangers-Bruins, the Celtics played the night before. If I brought high-tops with me, they may have let me play. The Red Sawx have not always sold out and the interest in the Bruins comes and goes.

FWIW, I also think the Giants are too hight based on their criteria. That stadium is not loud at all. I sit upstairs for 1/2 the season, when someone stands up and tries to get people going, he gets yelled at to sit down so others can see.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:19 AM   #24
coggs
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
I don't think Eagles fans are bad fans, people from Philly are just basically worthless human beings.
true, but philly strippers are very friendly. That right there makes it a better city, thus their fans better fans!!!!!!!!!! NYC strippers are money-grubbing rude b!tches and most are foreign.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:12 AM   #25
rypper11
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by coggs View Post
true, but philly strippers are very friendly. That right there makes it a better city, thus their fans better fans!!!!!!!!!! NYC strippers are money-grubbing rude b!tches and most are foreign.
The best thing in NC is the strippers!

One thing I've always liked about Giants fans is their loyalty to the Blue. I think fan loyalty should carry more weight than tailgating. Also, I know Giants fans (and many other teams too) that root against the Skins and hate the team but don't make personal attacks or physically assault people (ala people in Jersey West).
Old 09-02-2008, 02:02 AM   #26
BigDeeee
Camp Scrub

Talking Re: NFL's Best Fans Article by ESPN

Hmmmmm.... somehow I don't think they would be empty. I'm pretty sure that most of the time they get used imho

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
maybe because alot of season ticket holders for skins are corporate douchebags or fair weather fan rich boys. which actually works for me because while i dont "technically" have season tickets the people I know literrally give me season tickets because if I didnt use their seats they would be empty. how sad but awesome is that?

front row tickets for free? HELL YEAAHHHHHHHH man i cant wait!!!
BigDeeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 04:27 AM   #27
53Fan
Franchise Player

Philly fans are just maladjusted idiots. The only reason they go to games is to yell at someone besides their mothers for bringing them up in that rathole of a city. The dallas cowgirls are nothing but a bunch of arrogant punks with nowhere else to go. There is no better pleasure in the world then looking at their crybaby faces when we kick the crap out of them and they realize we are better then them and everybody just saw it on national television.
53Fan is offline   Reply With Quote