Pacman Reinstated

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 08-29-2008, 01:07 PM   #31
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Pacman Reinstated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
What are you trying to say because I don't think I like it.
i dont like it either but im not going to wear a burgundy blindfold . . .no one is wrong in their opinion on this subjective subject of crime and punishment. i think pacman should be able to play this year and do not wish him injury, others think otherwise and i respect that too.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 08-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #32
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandtrapjack View Post
Not my intent to draw any parallel's in that regard, I was merely trying to establish a comparison based on proportionate penalties to offenses.

But again the same could have been said about the events that lead up to Sean Taylor's transgressions in Miami a couple of years ago. He was obviously involved in, be it directly or indirectly, the felonious actions involving a firearm. He pled to a lesser charge. Jones did the same thing, and is assisting in the identification of the actual assailant.

So would it have been fair and just for the league to suspend Sean Taylor?
Sean Taylor was the one who was robbed, he didn't show up at a strip club with trash bags full of money, incite a riot and allegedly order his body guard to take out a bouncer.

...but to answer your question, if the circumstances were similar, then clearly, YES he should have received the same punishment as Pac Man.

Thomas Paine

Last edited by BleedBurgundy; 08-30-2008 at 08:12 AM.
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:29 PM   #33
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post

Sean Taylor was the one who was robbed, he didn't show up at a strip club with trash bags full of money, incite a riot and allegedly order his body guard to take out a bouncer.

...but to answer your question, if the circumstances were similar, then clearly, YES he should have received the same punishment as Pac Man.
True, ST did not show up with "bags of money" but he did show up at the alleged perpetrators house brandishing a gun.

'Nuff said, I withdraw my comparison to ST, it is not right of me to speak ill of him under the circumstances and for that I apologize. But I hope you understand my point regardless.

Last edited by sandtrapjack; 08-29-2008 at 03:50 PM.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #34
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

The way you guys use the quote function, it looks like you're talking to yourselves
Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 PM   #35
BleedBurgundy
Playmaker

It's been different recently, I haven't modded the code...

Thomas Paine
BleedBurgundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #36
DarkKnight
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBurgundy View Post
Why would you sympathize/empathize with this piece of shit? At what point in your mind is it safe to assume someone has demonstrated a complete lack of character, judgment, regard for human life and common effing decency? Don't give me this "hasn't been convicted" b.s. either. Pleading down to a lesser charge or hiring a high-priced lawyer to get your ass out of a jam is NOT the same as innocent.

If you wanna know! 1st he's never been convicted of a crime to....having bags of money going into a strip club is not against the law, and being a asshole isnt either, its bad manners, and Police hasn't tied him to ordering any hits on any body guards....peace of shit or not.......he served his time out the 21months, and did all the right things.......DONT GET ME WRONG, I HATE THE COWBOYS....THE JESERY, BUT NOT A PERSON.... and if you could afford the best lawyer money could by, you wouldn't settle for a punk ass court-oppointed. last time i checked, guilty is guilty and innocent is innocent, whether any agree are not.......if he blows it this time....then hey, if he does ok.......even better
Old 08-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #37
DallasFan
Camp Scrub

[quote=DarkKnight;468572]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugelDisciple View Post
Terrible news, this jerk deserves to be in jail.

He dont deserve to be in jail unless you actually commit a serious crime..... he did his time let him play......he might actually turn it around.......what do you care there no money out your pocket?
ty, and yes hes going to be a huge part of our defense and kick off and punt returns.
DallasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #38
DallasFan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
If you wanna know! 1st he's never been convicted of a crime to....having bags of money going into a strip club is not against the law, and being a asshole isnt either, its bad manners, and Police hasn't tied him to ordering any hits on any body guards....peace of shit or not.......he served his time out the 21months, and did all the right things.......DONT GET ME WRONG, I HATE THE COWBOYS....THE JESERY, BUT NOT A PERSON.... and if you could afford the best lawyer money could by, you wouldn't settle for a punk ass court-oppointed. last time i checked, guilty is guilty and innocent is innocent, whether any agree are not.......if he blows it this time....then hey, if he does ok.......even better
if Pacman blows it, weve got enough DB's just in case. :cool-smil
Old 08-29-2008, 05:40 PM   #39
DallasFan
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Tee View Post
This is complete garbage. The Cowboys knew they had the influence over the NFL to get him reinstated so they "gambled" on this high risk player.

There is NO reason this guy should be on an NFL field. I wish him ruptures of every tendon and/or ligament in all joints and/or extremities. The commisioner wanted to prove himself tough but will let S like this slide???? The guy is a pushover.
and u can live with yourself for saying such things? i despise your team, but i would NEVER EVER wish an injury on another player, no matter who he plays for. what u said is BAD KARMA.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #40
over the mountain
Playmaker

If you despise the skins then get the F outta here. In case you haven't noticed this is a skins forum so take a que from sandtrap or go home. I'm not gonna sit here and have you talkin up the cowboys with no actual thoughtful post given.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:31 PM   #41
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasFan View Post
and u can live with yourself for saying such things? i despise your team, but i would NEVER EVER wish an injury on another player, no matter who he plays for. what u said is BAD KARMA.

Bad Karma is trading for a criminal reject just to improve your team. That's why the your team has so many injuries before the season even starts...KARMA's a Bitch.

And because it bothers you so much I now wish Pacman paraliysis and premature death...though if there was such a thing as Karma that would have already happened.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:05 PM   #42
That Guy
Living Legend

can we fix the quotes, my name appears in replies with sandtrap's words, and let's just say i don't agree with that...
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:03 AM   #43
JGisLordOfTheRings
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
can we fix the quotes, my name appears in replies with sandtrap's words, and let's just say i don't agree with that...
Haha