Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

The Masters

Other Sports

Old 04-10-2008, 08:40 PM   #16
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Re: The Masters

A total world of darkness! Wow, thats unreal all groups finished in those conditions.

It could be costly down the stretch who knows, Furyk missed a usual automatic 4' putt on 18, Els flew the green on 18 and ended up with bogey, and Westwood missed a normal par putt on 17 from 4'. Then Badds, and Camilo both bogeyed 18, Westwood had a nice par save.

Overall it looks like the smart play IMO would have been finish in the am for the last two groups, as bad as that sucks.....which sucks more getting up a little earlier or tacking on a few strokes.

What I did get to see the course is very tough, long and difficult pins to attack for a Thursday.

Nice to see Lefty start off strong -1, the defending champ Zach Johnson also played well I believe he opened up with -2 last year when he put on the Green Jacket? Tiger in the house at even par. No big surprises at the top of the leaderboard. KUDUS to the Va. Tech. amateur Drew Weaver he did a fine job representing Hookie Nation!

Shot of the day Poulter ACED #16, Nice!

The Official Site of the Masters Tournament
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-11-2008, 08:52 PM   #17
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

T. Immelman leading the pack. Lefty in the hunt, and playing great. Should be a great weekend of golf, can Tiger get back in position to make a run?

The Official Site of the Masters Tournament
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:18 AM   #18
riggins44
Special Teams

I would love to see Tiger get back in position. Nothing would be better for golf than a
Tiger vs. Phil showdown on the back nine at Augusta.
riggins44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #19
70Chip
Playmaker

Question for SmootSmack: Does ESPN have content control over its broadcasts or is it all the CBS technical crews and production people? Wht I'm getting at is if ESPN wanted more Tiger (I gotta have more Tiger) would they get it or are they basically just taking a feed + Tirico?
Old 04-12-2008, 05:58 PM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Are you talking about a particular day?
Old 04-12-2008, 06:04 PM   #21
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Well Tiger is back within range, but something special really needs to happen if he wants to make move. I think some of the leaders need to mess up because I don't see the course giving up more than 4-5 strokes tomorrow especially with projected winds. Right now it is the leaders jacket to lose.

Also another breakdown from Lefty? Seems like he went downhill after that unfortunate 8th.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:16 PM   #22
70Chip
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Are you talking about a particular day?
I know they only get him one day based on his tee times (Thursday or Friday). The reason I asked is that during Friday's coverage, they seemed to go to Tiger well before his shot. On #10 we watched him survey his putt for about 2 minutes. Then they would stay with him after the shot was over. I understand Tiger = ratings but I just was wondering if this was maybe partly a result of ESPN being involved. I'm not being critical, it just seems like its more pronounced to me. But I could be wrong. I want bang bang coverage. As many shots as they can fit in would be my preference.

I guess my question is, does the person directing the Thursday and Friay broadcasts-the person who says to the announcers in their ears "Let's go to 13 for Paul Casey"- does he or she work for ESPN or CBS?

Also, if the wind blows tomorrow as predicted, Tiger is well within range.