Go Back   Warpath > Board Management > Thread Hell

Letter to Joe Gibbs

Thread Hell

Old 11-12-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Letter to Joe Gibbs

Dear Coach Gibbs

You're without a doubt my favorite figure in football history, and it has been agonizing watching you and your team lose so many winnable games since you've been back. I think now is the time that you should consider hanging it up again because this current incarnation of the Skins barely resembles what you had back in the glory days. Of course you should bear some of the blame for this lack of success, but in all fairness you do have to put up with an owner who in eight years on the job still doesn't seem to get it. I don't think it's worth it to have to put up with this garbage anymore, you're in the golden years of year life so I think you should enjoy them without having to put up with what is now a joke of a franchise. Devote your full attention once again to the ultra-successful race team that you have, you'll need to now especially since your getting onboard with Toyota next season.

Sincerely,

A long-time fan

P.S. This really isn't worth it anymore, get out while you still can!

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2007, 12:16 PM   #2
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Re: Letter to Joe Gibbs

Is Gibbs part of the problem? With clock, timeout, and two minute drill management, yes. But bottom line, the players are screwing up even worse at critical moments. The Cooley false start was an absolute killer. Gibbs/Saunders had the right play/personnel to match up against Philly's D on that play - it should have been an EASY TD toss to Thrash in the left flat. Do we blame Gibbs that Cooley jumped? The players have to be accountable for their mistakes too. This game was lost by the players more than the coaches IMO.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:17 PM   #3
firstdown
Living Legend

So now its Danny's fault now that he has stepped back and let Gibbs do as he pretty much pleased. If you really think he should step down then tell the real reason. What did Danny do in any of our 4 losses this year? What has Danny done to cause the 12 come backs that we have allowed over the past couple of years?
Old 11-12-2007, 12:22 PM   #4
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstdown View Post
So now its Danny's fault now that he has stepped back and let Gibbs do as he pretty much pleased. If you really think he should step down then tell the real reason. What did Danny do in any of our 4 losses this year? What has Danny done to cause the 12 come backs that we have allowed over the past couple of years?
Joe should leave because this just isn't worth it anymore, Snyder should just take a hike. Like I said he's been with us eight years and still doesn't know how to run a franchise from a football operations standpoint. If he had known what he was doing he would've gotten Gibbs a quality GM right from the start! I know Synder has been a phenomenal success in the business world but apparently that doesn't seem to translate into running a winning team.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:28 PM   #5
Southpaw
The Starter

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the meaning of all this "Gibbs needs to step down" talk, but it sounds to me like people actually want him to step down right now, in the middle of the season. If that's the case, that may be the most asinine Redskins related comment I've ever heard. This team does have coaching related issues(some Gibbs' fault, some not), but having the head coach step down in the middle of the season would basically be the same as throwing in the towel.

If you think this team is struggling now, you'd probably be shocked at the implosion they would suffer if Gibbs left midseason.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #6
ncskinsfanec
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
Maybe I'm misunderstanding the meaning of all this "Gibbs needs to step down" talk, but it sounds to me like people actually want him to step down right now, in the middle of the season. If that's the case, that may be the most asinine Redskins related comment I've ever heard. This team does have coaching related issues(some Gibbs' fault, some not), but having the head coach step down in the middle of the season would basically be the same as throwing in the towel.

If you think this team is struggling now, you'd probably be shocked at the implosion they would suffer if Gibbs left midseason.
Of course I don't think he should step down now in a realistic sense, but for his own good I think he probably do it now rather than later. Even with all that said, we're still 5-4 and not out of a playoff spot by any means. I just don't think Gibbs needs the stress of this grind anymore.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
irish
Playmaker

I am all for Gibbs leaving at the end of the season but no way should he step down now. It would be a complete disaster. The season is not over yet (but the end is very close) but Gibbs going now would officially end it.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

This could have easily gone in the mind-numbing Joe Must Go thread. Thread locked