Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Who to start for Week 10

Fantasy Football

Old 11-07-2007, 10:09 AM   #1
Bully Worm
Camp Scrub

Question Who to start for Week 10

I really need help at rb. I drafted Travis Henry and Larry Johnson and we all know where their season has gone recently. I have some average backups but I need help determining who to start for this upcoming week. Here are my options for 2 runningback slots:

Travis Henry against KC, Selvin Young against KC, Priest Holmes against Denver, Warrick Dunn against Carolina, or Jesse Chatman against Buffalo.

I'm leaning towards Holmes and Dunn because they are facing weak rush defenses and Dunn is still getting the bulk of the carries for Atlanta.

I also have a wide receiver dilemma I need to figure out.

Should I start Bernard Berrian against Oakland, D.J. Hackett against San Francisco, or Chris Henry against Baltimore maybe without McAlister or Rolle and Cincy may not have Chad Johnson?

Thanks for all the help.
Bully Worm is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
djnemo65
Playmaker

Re: Who to start for Week 10

I'd definitely go with Jesse Chatman, and then probably Travis Henry assuming he is OK health-wise. Otherwise Priest is intriguing going against that awful run D and Dunn is coming off of a big week. Kind of a toss up there.

At receiver I think you definitely have to go with DJ Hackett. He looked really good last week. I have Henry on my team too but I want to wait and see him put up some numbers before I gamble and put him in. Let's see how much playing time he gets at first.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:48 AM   #3
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Definitely start Jesse Chatman. He's been a very solid fill-in for Ronnie Brown, and has taken pressure off Cleo Lemon.

I'd almost say Dunn. Norwood is hurt, Holmes will be the backup to Kolby Smith, and Henry will be splitting carries with Young. Keep an eye on these guys towards the end of the week.

I'd rank your receivers this way: Berrian, Henry, Hackett.

Berrian is the #1 option in Chicago. He'll get more looks than Henry or Hackett.

If Chad Johnson doesn't go, start Chris Henry. If Ocho mans up and plays, Henry will be a 3rd or 4th option at best in that offense this week until he gets his feet wet.

Seattle will be splitting touches between Engram, Hackett, Burleson and the returning Deion Branch. Less balls for all of them means less looks for Hackett.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #4
Warpath
The Starter

I need some help as well with my pay league:
Need to start 1 of these QBs:
Losman @ Miami
Griese @ Oakland
Bulger @ New Orleans

and need to start 3 WRs:
Steve Smith @ Atlanta
Marques Colston vs St Louis
Derrick Mason vs Cincinnati
Kevin Curtis @ Washington

2 RBs:
LT (obviously)
Marshawn Lynch @ Miami
Jamal Lewis @ Pittsburgh
Cedric Benson @ Oakland

Thanks for the help in advance.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:26 PM   #5
Bully Worm
Camp Scrub

Thanks for all the help so far everybody. As for warpath, here is who I would go with at each position.

Qb: I'd go with Losman because Lee Evans is starting to get back to his 2006 form and Miami's pass defense is atrocious.

Wr: I'd start Colston because he is definitely Brees' number one wide receiver, Steve Smith is still a must start even if Testaverde is the qb, and I think Curtis is a the better start over Mason because the Raven's passing game sucks and the Eagles is at least moving the ball.

Rb: I'd definitely start Lynch because he is the best rookie so far other then AD, and then I'd go with Benson cos Lewis will have a tough time against that Pittsburgh defense and Oakland is one of the worst teams in the league against the run.
Bully Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
Warpath
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully Worm View Post
Thanks for all the help so far everybody. As for warpath, here is who I would go with at each position.

Qb: I'd go with Losman because Lee Evans is starting to get back to his 2006 form and Miami's pass defense is atrocious.

Wr: I'd start Colston because he is definitely Brees' number one wide receiver, Steve Smith is still a must start even if Testaverde is the qb, and I think Curtis is a the better start over Mason because the Raven's passing game sucks and the Eagles is at least moving the ball.

Rb: I'd definitely start Lynch because he is the best rookie so far other then AD, and then I'd go with Benson cos Lewis will have a tough time against that Pittsburgh defense and Oakland is one of the worst teams in the league against the run.
Im just worried that Miami will eventually win at least one game and it will probably come against the Bills this week. Ill definitely roll with Colston, Smith, and grrr Curtis; LT and Lynch. Definitely leaning towards Griese or Losman. Thanks.
Warpath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Warpath:

QB: Don't start Losman. Miami may suck, but they have the 6th ranked Pass D, plus the Bills are going to ride Lynch until the wheels fall off that wagon since the 'Phins give up over 160 yards on the ground per game. It's a toss up between Griese and Bulger...I'd start Bulger. It's been rough, but the Raiders Pass D is ranked 4th while the Saints are towards the basement. Plus the Saints tend to play down to their opponent.

RB: Marshawn Lynch has become a must start. Last 4 games, he's averaging 4 yards a carry, and is coming off a huge game. Pittsburgh will stifle the Browns run, and Benson has shown he's just not that good.

WR: I'd sit either Mason or Curtis. Their numbers are pretty similar as of late. However, Mason gets about 11 looks per game, vs. Curtis' 8.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
Campbell17
Impact Rookie

I play in a 12 team league and got LT and Adrian Peterson. I got AP in round 5! I have one mad team, QB McNabb/Big Ben, WR Reggie Wayne/Stalworth/S.Moss.