NASCAR vs NFL???

Other Sports

Old 10-18-2007, 03:30 PM   #1
jsarno
Franchise Player

Re: NASCAR vs NFL???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlyne8r View Post
And it also takes some brass ones to drive those cars as fast as they do in what has now become a common occurance: FOUR WIDE! Yikes! If you want the thrill of a lifetime (please hold all alternative "thrills of a lifetime" suggestions for another thread , try enrolling in one of the many NASCAR driving events like "Be Petty." I had the opportunity to drive one of their cars here a couple of years ago at Atlanta Motor Speedway and I have yet to calm down. It's basically a watered down Cup car (slightly shorter wheel base and ONLY 600 hp!), but man that was bar none the most exhilarating ride I've ever been on. I did 6 or 7 (don't remember, I was hyperventilating) hot laps alone behind the wheel of this monster. I followed a "professional" driver around the track and was not allowed to pass him. I didn't matter, I simply did not have the courage to even try coming out of turn two at AMS as I could have reached out and touched the freakin' wall. Dependant of the pace I was driving, the "pro" would either wave to slow me down (never happened) or the flag man at the start/finish line would wave for me to pick it up (yes, it happened ). It was awesome. I averaged only around 140 mph a lap, but I was later told that I was clipping down the back straight at about 160. How cool was that? Anyway, if you ever get a chance to do this, try it, you'll have a whole new perspective of what these guys do every Sunday.
I would LOVE to try that. I just don't have the typical fear that others have while driving a car. My wife tells me all the time I missed my calling as a NASCAR driver.
I wonder how I would respond to that? You never really know how you'll do until you're there. Considering I have driven 160mph in a real car with no jitters, I think I would do well with a NASCAR.