Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

AOL and Redskinswarpath.com

Parking Lot

Old 10-04-2007, 08:41 AM   #1
Redskin Rich
The Starter

AOL and Redskinswarpath.com

I use AOL, just because I had it, and just as I was going to switch to broadband, they made it free.

The past few days, I have had problems posting on this site using AOL. I have had to open my interenet explorer window.

Am I the only one who has this problem?
Redskin Rich is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #2
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Re: AOL and Redskinswarpath.com

I'm not being sarcastic at all - your problem is most likely the fact that you are using AOL. They're the absolute worst ISP out there, quality, price and anything else-wise.

Is it dial-up? If so, I'd download Firefox and just use the AOL/IE to connect to the internet, then minimize it and try Firefox for browsing. I have no problems with Firefox and this could help you bypass any issues with your IE caused by AOL. If the Firefox doesn't work for you also, it could be a PC problem rather than an internet issue.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
Redskin Rich
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
I'm not being sarcastic at all - your problem is most likely the fact that you are using AOL. They're the absolute worst ISP out there, quality, price and anything else-wise.

Is it dial-up? If so, I'd download Firefox and just use the AOL/IE to connect to the internet, then minimize it and try Firefox for browsing. I have no problems with Firefox and this could help you bypass any issues with your IE caused by AOL. If the Firefox doesn't work for you also, it could be a PC problem rather than an internet issue.
No, I have DSL through my phone company.... AOL used to be my dial up connection. They went to keeping their service for free if you have another connection at the same time I was going to DSL, so I kept my AOL email address etc... made my life easier. To be honest, I don't even know what my email address is with my DSL.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:54 AM   #4
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
No, I have DSL through my phone company.... AOL used to be my dial up connection. They went to keeping their service for free if you have another connection at the same time I was going to DSL, so I kept my AOL email address etc... made my life easier. To be honest, I don't even know what my email address is with my DSL.
Oh ok. Yeah, they just began letting people keep their AOL addresses with other ISPs. I misunderstood you.

However, try what I suggested with the new ISP too. I have DSL and I don't like the way the IE browser looks and works with the service provider's "updates" to it, so I use Firefox.

It can help you determine if the problem is in your browser (with the ISP) or if it's a problem on your end.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:56 AM   #5
Redskin Rich
The Starter

Quote:
Oh ok. Yeah, they just began letting people keep their AOL addresses with other ISPs. I misunderstood you.

However, try what I suggested with the new ISP too. I have DSL and I don't like the way the IE browser looks and works with the service provider's "updates" to it, so I use Firefox.

It can help you determine if the problem is in your browser (with the ISP) or if it's a problem on your end.
The explorer works fine... I just have to open it... most things I can simply just stay on AOL for. It seems to be a site specific problem being compatable with AOL.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #7
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin Rich View Post
The explorer works fine... I just have to open it... most things I can simply just stay on AOL for. It seems to be a site specific problem being compatable with AOL.
But I thought you just said you're not on AOL any more, you just have an AOL e-mail address? That won't affect the internet at all.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:23 AM   #8
Redskin Rich
The Starter

Quote:
But I thought you just said you're not on AOL any more, you just have an AOL e-mail address? That won't affect the internet at all.
Since I am used to using AOL, I still use their software. It also gives you the free protections.

All of my book marks are on their software, so that is the usual way I surf the web.... but just in the past day or two, I have needed my internet explorer to use this site.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:52 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

AOL seems to be problematic with a lot of sites. Like others have said just use IE or Firefox. I prefer FF myself.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:18 PM   #10
FRPLG
MVP

AOL is junk. Scourge of the Earth really. It is time to move on and use the internet as most people use it now. With a regular browser like IE or Mozilla. As for the 'protections' AOL offers I laugh. They don't offer a thing that either common sense or a free piece of software wont do better and more efficiently.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #11
That Guy
Living Legend

is anyone wants to use aol, there's no need to bash so much.

aol's browser is old though and not current to modern technology and standards, so there are going to be issues with different sites.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote