Farewell My Friend

Parking Lot

Old 09-27-2007, 11:39 PM   #31
hooskins
Most Interesting Man in the World

Re: Farewell My Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dall-assblows View Post
yea i feel your pain my aunt died today as a result of cancer.

life must go on.....
Sorry man. Cancer has hurt my family as well.

Advertisements
Old 09-28-2007, 02:51 PM   #32
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:

life must go on.....
Sorry to hear that dall-assblows my prayers go out to you. My Grandpa died of lung cancer so I know it can be really hard on a family. May your aunt R.I.P.
Old 09-28-2007, 03:23 PM   #33
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Brave View Post
This afternoon I made the decision to have my cocker spaniel, Puddin, put down. He was 12 1/2 years old. The hardest part about it was saying to the Vet, "Go ahead and do it." That was tough. I kept second guessing as to whether or not I was making the decision too early, but I really didn't have a lot of options. He had lost his sight and hearing. He had lost weight and was having trouble getting up and down. The Vet felt like it was time as well.

I am really grateful though. His passing was so peaceful. Puddin was like me... fiesty and stubborn at times, but he laid there so calm with his nose on my chest. There was no struggle. It's almost like he was saying, "I'm tired. I'm ready to go." He didn't make a sound and just slipped away peacefully.

Sorry this is so depressing, but I just wanted to get it off my chest. This is the first time I've ever had to do something like this. I handled it better than I thought I would. I guess it's because I had already been preparing myself for it over the past few weeks. I will miss him terribly though. He was a wonderful dog and a faithful friend. May he rest in peace.

My thoughts are with you...and Puddin. I have said many times that I much prefer the company of our family dog (or any pet for that matter) over the company of most humans. Dogs are like young children, they give you unconditional love. You come home from work, pat 'em on the head, feed them, love them, and they love you forever. Unfortunately, you can't say that about people. It's more like "what have you done for me lately?" Anyway, I've been where you're at Lady Brave and my heart goes out to you. I've had to put one down and I was a total wreck for weeks leading up to that moment. I am a man, and I'm not ashamed to say that when I came out of the vet's exam room afterward, I was balling like a little kid and could hardly write the check for their services. I cried more for that dog than I have for some family members at their funeral (I know, that's harsh ). Your best medicine? Hurry down to a rescue shelter or somewhere and quickly bring home another furry bundle of joy!
Old 09-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #34
Dlyne8r
Impact Rookie

Quote:

life must go on.....
Very sorry to hear of your loss d-a. That hideous thing has claimed way too many in our family as well. I wish your family a speedy recovery over their loss.