Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Ravens Fans getting annoying.

Parking Lot

Old 09-17-2007, 02:03 AM   #1
KLHJ2
Inactive

Ravens Fans getting annoying.

I am so tired of taking crap for being a Redskins fan and not a Ravens fan. For the first time in my life I am developing an animosity towards fans outside of both the Division and the Confrence alltogether. I am talking about those annoying people from BMORE. Why I ask, do they have to keep prodding away about something so stupid?

Look we didn't tell the Colts to change cities in the middle of the night. We are not the ones who force fed them Redskins football while there was no other team in the area. We are not even in the same Division as they are. So why must they make it a point to take pop shot at the Redskins every opportunity that they get? They make absolutely no friggin sense. To make things even more curious they are Cleveland Browns fans. I wonder if they would have had the same animosity if the Redskins had moved to Baltimore and changed their name and colors?

To all of the Ravens Fans out there. There is no rivalry between the 2 teams and no matter how bad you want there to be, it never will. We do not care about Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, or Cincy. All we care about is Dallas, NY, and Philly. When I make a comment that the Skins are going to win tonight, I do not go out on an extra effort to say that Baltimore is going down as well. I do not care what Baltimore does, but for some reason you guys cannot get enough of talking about the Skins. Just worry about your own damn team and keep ours out of your mouth.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-17-2007, 02:14 AM   #2
saden1
MVP

Re: Ravens Fans getting annoying.

Tell those Ratbird fans you won 14 games for nothing last year. When it came time to show up you were 0-1 and laid an egg. A stinking no touchdown egg. And last time I check you have one ring from 7 years ago. You ain't no dynasty bitch, the Patriots are so don't act like it.

-Jenkins
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 02:34 AM   #3
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by saden1 View Post
Tell those Ratbird fans you won 14 games for nothing last year. When it came time to show up you were 0-1 and laid an egg. A stinking no touchdown egg. And last time I check you have one ring from 7 years ago. You ain't no dynasty bitch, the Patriots are so don't act like it.
FYI- they won 13 last year.

Maybe the Ravens fans are jealous cause we are twice the franchise? We have a rich history, and they have nothing.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:52 AM   #4
BrudLee
Playmaker

Just tell people you liked football before 1996, so there was no reason to change allegiances to some marketing guru's idea of what the betrayal of Cleveland ought to look like.
Old 09-17-2007, 07:58 AM   #5
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

I just moved to baltimore and my hatred for the ravens has gone up ten fold.
I used to sort of like them because they're from Maryland and the Skins hardly ever play them, so I figured they were okay. But then they won the Super Bowl and their fans became the most obnoxious group of purple clad a-holes I've ever met.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #6
djnemo65
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrudLee View Post
Just tell people you liked football before 1996, so there was no reason to change allegiances to some marketing guru's idea of what the betrayal of Cleveland ought to look like.
Perfectly said!

The reason they hate the Skins Angry is because they used to be fans until 2000 when they jumped ship and they feel really guilty about this. Guilt can prompt some strange behavior.
djnemo65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 08:30 AM   #7
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnemo65 View Post
Perfectly said!

The reason they hate the Skins Angry is because they used to be fans until 2000 when they jumped ship and they feel really guilty about this. Guilt can prompt some strange behavior.
I'd say it's because the entire city as an inferiority complex.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:43 AM   #8
mredskins
Gamebreaker

It is horrible in Harford County. I now watch Ravens game with the same intensed that I do the Skins, only difference I root hard for them to lose.

Another funny thing two years ago when we made the playoffs everyone was all of a sudden a Skins fan. Guys at my gym where talking like they had been Skins fans for life! It was hillarous.

This morning on the way to my car I over heard the middle school bus stop. One boy was telling his frind that his dad told him, Heap is the greatest TE to every play the game and he was lucky to be able to watch him. Shortly after processing that info my breakfast was lying steaming in a vomit pile in the parking lot. It is great to know a whole new generation of purple assholes are on the way!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #9
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

While Todd Heap isn't the greatest TE to every play the game, he's still quality...it's a shame he has to wear purple each week.

Nonetheless, I can't understand why anyone in their right freakin' mind would wear Purple camo...it is the goofiest looking thing ever (and this from a guy who wore a kilt to a D3 college football game...).

My wife's cousin and her family lives in Bel Air, and of course the husband is a big Ravens fan, so everytime we see each other, it's how Billick's a genius, or how Ray Lewis is God and how the Skins won't ever do anything...give me a break.

How bad is it when you get a team stolen from under you, it takes another act of theft to get a team back 12 years later...when Cleveland got an expansion team within 3 years of losing theirs.

Someone asked me whether I was a Nats or O's fan, and I told them I was a O's fan, but rooted for the Nats because they were in a different league and it was great for DC to get baseball back. I have never rooted for the Ravens, never will...even though they play in another conference and their path doesn't cross the Skins much. Damn Ravens.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:58 AM   #10
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Nonetheless, I can't understand why anyone in their right freakin' mind would wear Purple camo...it is the goofiest looking thing ever (and this from a guy who wore a kilt to a D3 college football game...).
I saw a guy in TIGHT purple camo last night. The purple camos are bad enough as is, but when they're as tight as a the sweat pants I used to wear in 1989, it's all that much worse.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:25 AM   #11
12thMan
MVP

Well, the thing with BMore is that they're geographically located between or around Philly, NY and DC. All of these cities are distinguished in one of another and Baltimore is usually an after thought. So to someone's point, it's possible the city suffers from an inferiority complex.

But I never understood the hate Baltimore fans have for Skins fans, while Skins fans don't really care about the Ravens at all.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #12
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

i go to umd and deal with them every f...ing day. I can't explain how annoying some of them are.

Surprisingly i have many more raven fans as friends than skin fans. Some of my closest friends are raven fans. Some of them have eased up to the skins. Every time they talk i remind them that they play in the AFC. I don't have any reason to dislike them.

Some of them wanted the dolphins to beat us. I don't get that. Why would they want an AFC team to beat an NFC team. That hurts them if they want a wildcard. I always cheer for the AFC over the NFC.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 02:10 AM   #13
Redskin
Impact Rookie

Becuase ravens fans are like philly fans in purple no joke they ar emean and crude they just have not pegged santa with a snowball yet. I dispise most ravens fans its just the way it has to be.
#21#RIP Sean Taylor a TRUE Redskin#21#
<--Hey wheres my green approval rating?
Redskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #14
Monksdown
The Starter

It's an intelligence quotient issue. If they're not smart enough to root for an NFC team over an AFC team, without being told by you, then there is a correlation between their brain activity and the color purple. For crying out loud.....purple!
Monksdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #15
Skinsfan1967
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I'd say it's because the entire city as an inferiority complex.

I agree. Baltimore has a hugh complex toward D.C. They don't understand that Baltimore will never hold the prestidge that our nation's capital does.

Last year Baltimore had a chance at some redemption from Indy but the Raisins blew it in the playoffs, at home.