Merged: The Movies Thread

Parking Lot

Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
saw hangover last night. really didnt get all the hype. id give it a C. not bad but i was expecting something more comedically developed. the dialogue wasnt smart, funny and there were zero good one liners.

they had a good base set up and plot for situational comedy but failed to develop it. they find a baby the next morning, oh thats the stripper you married last night baby.

you gave your wedding ring that your grandmother had thru the holocaust to the stripper but it was meant for your fiancee? no worries, we wont address that or devot any of the plot of you trying to get the ring back.

tiger in the bathroom? oh that mike tysons, were going to show a whole 15 second security video clip of you guys laughing to cover the implied hilarious situation that unfolded where you end up with a tiger in your bathroom.

the movie just failed to deliver imo.

they had a good mixed cast of characters (uptight dentist, recluse odd ball brother in law, the cool good looking down for whatever guy best man, then the committed responsible but still cool husband to be) but their contrasts were never really utilized beyond sporadic moments of "i cant believe you did that".

idk the movie just failed to live up to what i was expecting. i was expecting a gut buster but instead got a waterdowned script that fast forwards thru much of the scenes that could have been funny.
I know that a lot of people didn't like the movie, but to say there were no good one liners? Wow. I thought they were what made the movie so damn funny, but maybe I'm just a rahtard.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:40 AM   #2
GMScud
Swearinger

Watched Marley and Me tonight. It was on HBO and I didn't have anything else to watch. I cried. I'm getting married in June and we want to start a family, and it just touched on a few levels.

Side note: Jennifer Aniston gets hotter with age.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:44 AM   #3
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Watched Marley and Me tonight. It was on HBO and I didn't have anything else to watch. I cried. I'm getting married in June and we want to start a family, and it just touched on a few levels.

f that i got two dogs that are 2 years old and a year nand a half old cat i don' wanna watch that movie it sounds way too depressing

june isn't far off i got until atleats oct. good luck though

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 01:03 AM   #4
GMScud
Swearinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
f that i got two dogs that are 2 years old and a year nand a half old cat i don' wanna watch that movie it sounds way too depressing

june isn't far off i got until atleats oct. good luck though
The ending is sad, but at the same time I've never watched a movie that made me want a dog so badly. It's not about the destination, it's the journey.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:54 AM   #5
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post

I saw a bit of it tonight, probably won't ever sit down and watch it all

yeah she did get hotter.. didn't really change her look either.. saw something comparing her from the late 90s to now as far as style, clothes, etc.. not much has changed
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtMonkDrillz View Post
I know that a lot of people didn't like the movie, but to say there were no good one liners? Wow. I thought they were what made the movie so damn funny, but maybe I'm just a rahtard.
i watched it again. your right, there are some pretty good one liners.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

I thought The Hangover was funnier the 2nd time around
Old 04-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #8
over the mountain
Playmaker

yeah im going to have to give it a couple go arounds. but am i wrong that the movie left something to be desired?

i realize that each person has their own preferences, etc but i feel like my impression of the movie is outside the norm and im not sure why.

while i will have to watch it a few times, i just dont see the potential for sleeper comedy with this one.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
MTK
\m/

It got a lot of hype which probably raised your expectations.

Watch it again in a few weeks, you should definitely like it more the 2nd time around.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Me n the wife saw kick ass last nite and thought it sucked ass.The scenes with an 11 yr old girl brutally murdering somebody and cussing just didnt sit right with us.{But I have to admit the cock joke was funny}And while shes murdering people there were people hysterically laughing,and me and my wife are looking at each other dumbfounded as to what was so damn funny,it didnt matter that its a child doing it,I dont think the scene was meant to be funny.It wasnt all bad,but it wasnt enjoyable to us.
Just watched the at the movie guys review and it was exactly how I felt
At the Movies
Old 04-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #11
itvnetop
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Me n the wife saw kick ass last nite and thought it sucked ass.The scenes with an 11 yr old girl brutally murdering somebody and cussing just didnt sit right with us.{But I have to admit the cock joke was funny}And while shes murdering people there were people hysterically laughing,and me and my wife are looking at each other dumbfounded as to what was so damn funny,it didnt matter that its a child doing it,I dont think the scene was meant to be funny.It wasnt all bad,but it wasnt enjoyable to us.
Just watched the at the movie guys review and it was exactly how I felt
At the Movies
I guess it's funny because of how absurd the scenes are. Kind of like Kill-Bill- tons of limbs and heads being cut off within seconds, but because everything is so over-the-top it's not suppose to be taken seriously. But I'm in no way de-legitimzing your reactions to the film at all... just providing the other side.

The actress playing Hit Girl seems to be aware of the script's context and it seems her family made the conscious decision to accept the role after reading it. I previously saw her play a very mature younger sister in (500) Days of Summer and she's slated to play the main vampire girl in the American remake of "Let the Right One In" (an excellent, but bloody, film itself).

I read an interesting comparison about how child actors/actresses take on different lives from what they play in the movies. Drew Barrymore, Corey Haim and Macauley Caulkin played in innocent, playful roles when they were younger (aside from Caulkin's Good Son, he was mostly cast in stuff like Home Alone and My Girl). These kids went through some rough personal stuff as they grew older. You take a look at the recent young talent that chooses "mature" roles (Dakota Fanning, Chloe Moretz) and although it's too early to tell, it seems they're way more adjusted to the real world than their earlier peers and their parents are actually involved with their upbringing (beyond exploiting them for fame and money). My buddy met Moretz (Hit Girl) backstage at ComicCon this year and said she was super polite and her parents were with her the whole time... Of course this isn't a scientific study proving any real correlation- but just an observation.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #12
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I guess it's funny because of how absurd the scenes are. Kind of like Kill-Bill- tons of limbs and heads being cut off within seconds, but because everything is so over-the-top it's not suppose to be taken seriously. But I'm in no way de-legitimzing your reactions to the film at all... just providing the other side.

The actress playing Hit Girl seems to be aware of the script's context and it seems her family made the conscious decision to accept the role after reading it. I previously saw her play a very mature younger sister in (500) Days of Summer and she's slated to play the main vampire girl in the American remake of "Let the Right One In" (an excellent, but bloody, film itself).

I read an interesting comparison about how child actors/actresses take on different lives from what they play in the movies. Drew Barrymore, Corey Haim and Macauley Caulkin played in innocent, playful roles when they were younger (aside from Caulkin's Good Son, he was mostly cast in stuff like Home Alone and My Girl). These kids went through some rough personal stuff as they grew older. You take a look at the recent young talent that chooses "mature" roles (Dakota Fanning, Chloe Moretz) and although it's too early to tell, it seems they're way more adjusted to the real world than their earlier peers and their parents are actually involved with their upbringing (beyond exploiting them for fame and money). My buddy met Moretz (Hit Girl) backstage at ComicCon this year and said she was super polite and her parents were with her the whole time... Of course this isn't a scientific study proving any real correlation- but just an observation.

A must see movie! You can stream it on Netflix. she be great for that role!
Old 05-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by itvnetop View Post
I guess it's funny because of how absurd the scenes are. Kind of like Kill-Bill- tons of limbs and heads being cut off within seconds, but because everything is so over-the-top it's not suppose to be taken seriously.
saw kick ass, it was alright.

if you really wanna see a kill bill meets looney toons movie, you gotta check out Kung Fu Hustle. the movie is just plain awesome. its what kickass tried to be but with more style and alot funnier dialogue.

Kung Fu Hustle. I own 2 copies, one is the chinesse version the other is an english dub version.

Kung Fu Hustle kicks ass.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
saw kick ass, it was alright.

if you really wanna see a kill bill meets looney toons movie, you gotta check out Kung Fu Hustle. the movie is just plain awesome. its what kickass tried to be but with more style and alot funnier dialogue.

Kung Fu Hustle. I own 2 copies, one is the chinesse version the other is an english dub version.

Kung Fu Hustle kicks ass.

I like Kung fu Hustle I need to revisit.

check out ninja Assassin and Black Dynamite, good movies.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #15
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I like Kung fu Hustle I need to revisit.

check out ninja Assassin and Black Dynamite, good movies.
i heard of ninja assasins. do these movies have that tarantino kinda vibe to it like kuing fu hustle?