Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Fantasy Football Forums > Fantasy Football

Rate my Draft

Fantasy Football

Old 07-10-2006, 09:51 PM   #1
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Rate my Draft

I'm in a keeper league with a bunch of my friends. We keep three players, which are removed from the pool and then we have a normal draft. 14 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D This is what I came up with:

Kept:
Ronnie Brown, MIA
Cadillac Williams, TB
Willis McGahee, BUF

Drafted (in order of selection):
Santana Moss, WSH
Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
Heath Miller, PIT
Eddie Kennison, KC
Redskins D
Dolphins D
Ben Watson, NE
Michael Clayton, TB
Antonio Bryant, SF
Brad Johnson, MIN
Priest Holmes, KC
Alex Smith, SF

Advertisements
Old 07-11-2006, 06:59 AM   #2
dmek25
MVP

Re: Rate my Draft

from a quick glance, you might need a quarterback. big ben wins games but stat wise not very productive. same with brad johnson. nickel and dime you to death. 25 completions for barely 200 yards
Old 07-11-2006, 08:45 AM   #3
FRPLG
MVP

I love Santana but from an objective fantasy perspective I'd say he is a little over valued this year. It is true that Saunders will be opening things up but I also see a more spread around offense. I think he can have a good season but I also think he can have just a solid season. Having only one real great fanatsy season so far I would have devalued him early on. I think your team overall looks real good though. Maybe a loftier QB would be nice but if Ben can stay healthy I think he has his best fantasy year yet. It should be solid for you. Not great but Solid.

Bryant was a great pickup. He is the only option is SF and they are loving him. His only issue will be consistency and it won't be his fault. As bad as that team and QB are he will have great weeks and terrible weeks too. If they progress some then he will be a fantastic starter for you. Good pick.

Watson has some good upside but hasn't proved it yet. He may end up being a steal.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:04 AM   #4
That Guy
Living Legend

you did the smart thing with your RBs, though mcgahee still doesn't have an oline. moss may be a bit high, i don't know who you passed on, but TO, smith, boldin, fitz, c johnson, etc will all put up better numbers. QB is your problem spot. ben is very average (was MaHa, ToBr, DrBl available?), johnson is below average and alex smith shouldn't be considered at all. Also the skins D has been fairly bad (points wise) in FF the last 2 years. hopefully you didn't pass on tampa or chicago for them, though the sacks should increase dramatically this year (a carter, a archuleta, r mcintosh).

I don't know if you score return yards, but if so, grabbing W welker (sp?), d hall, or some such would be a good idea... they tend to stay undrafted, but provide very consistant (though not great) yardage.

holmes i'm not sure whether to call it a good bet or a waste... if he comes back, he'd clearly be the backup, and right now it looks like there's 0 chance he'll be ready opening day, so he'd probably go undrafted or be dropped week 1 once an injury pops up on his owner's roster.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 11:17 AM   #5
724Skinsfan
Playmaker

For a 14 team league I would rate yours as a top contender on Running Back depth alone. Your QB situation may be a concern. Hard to say what Childress will do with Brad Johnson. I would definitely focus my free agent research on available QBs. You have a reliable WR set as well as TE. If the Redskins can manage some takeaways this year then that will be a good pickup.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012
I'm in a keeper league with a bunch of my friends. We keep three players, which are removed from the pool and then we have a normal draft. 14 teams, 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 D This is what I came up with:

Kept:
Ronnie Brown, MIA
Cadillac Williams, TB
Willis McGahee, BUF

Santana Moss, WSH
Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
Heath Miller, PIT
Eddie Kennison, KC
Redskins D
Dolphins D
Ben Watson, NE
Michael Clayton, TB
Antonio Bryant, SF
Brad Johnson, MIN
Priest Holmes, KC
Alex Smith, SF
First issue, no kicker?

Moss is an alright pick but he's not going to repeat last year. I think 1200 yds with 9 TDs is reasonable for him. Roethlisberger was a mistake. He should be a 10th-12th round type guy. I don't like Kennison to repeat his numbers without Saunders in the fold, though Clayton could bounce back.

Your team also lacks one of the big 3 (LJ, Alexander, Tomlinson). Those guys really do make their teams head & shoulders better than the others. I don't like McGahee at all this year.

The selection of two defenses so high in the draft left you without a good QB and without depth in other spots.

Overall I think you're doing alright in a 14-team league. Not a serious contender, probably middle of the pack.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #7
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy
you did the smart thing with your RBs, though mcgahee still doesn't have an oline. moss may be a bit high, i don't know who you passed on, but TO, smith, boldin, fitz, c johnson, etc will all put up better numbers. QB is your problem spot. ben is very average (was MaHa, ToBr, DrBl available?), johnson is below average and alex smith shouldn't be considered at all. Also the skins D has been fairly bad (points wise) in FF the last 2 years. hopefully you didn't pass on tampa or chicago for them, though the sacks should increase dramatically this year (a carter, a archuleta, r mcintosh).

I don't know if you score return yards, but if so, grabbing W welker (sp?), d hall, or some such would be a good idea... they tend to stay undrafted, but provide very consistant (though not great) yardage.

holmes i'm not sure whether to call it a good bet or a waste... if he comes back, he'd clearly be the backup, and right now it looks like there's 0 chance he'll be ready opening day, so he'd probably go undrafted or be dropped week 1 once an injury pops up on his owner's roster.
What I was looking for at the QB spot was a guy who could potentially be a year to year keeper. All the top flight guys were gone, so I went for Ben who I feel is going to break out statistically. (All the guys you listed had been kept). All those WRs you listed were gone, I passed on Randy Moss and Reggie Wayne to take Santana. Chicago D went really early and I dont remember if the TB D was there or not when I took the Skins D.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #8
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012

Kept:
Ronnie Brown, MIA
Cadillac Williams, TB
Willis McGahee, BUF

Santana Moss, WSH
Ben Roethlisberger, PIT
Heath Miller, PIT
Eddie Kennison, KC
Redskins D
Dolphins D
Ben Watson, NE
Michael Clayton, TB
Antonio Bryant, SF
Brad Johnson, MIN
Priest Holmes, KC
Alex Smith, SF
Ok, you asked!

RBs:

Caddy and Ronnie Brown...great fantasy RBs.

I had Willis McGahee last year and he KILLED me. At least he's #3 on your RB depth chart. If he DOES get back to his old self, great for you...but if he's like the 2005 model again...you're in trouble.

Holmes will likely retire. If he does come back, he'll be playing a limited role like Marshal Faulk so he doesn't have a bad-injury. LJ is the man there now...plus we don't know how losing Saunders will affect KC. If I were you, I'd play on Holmes' name value and try to use him as part of a trade for a QB. Maybe package him and Alex Smith for a QB upgrade.

QBs:

You do need a QB. I don't think Alex Smith will ever be a good pro QB, especially not this year. He was the worst QB I've ever seen play...Heath Shuler looked like a Hall-of-Famer compared to him. I really expect Dilfer to play over Smith, if not at the beginning of the season, they'll pull Smith for Dilfer if they're smart. That's sad.

Big Ben doesn't throw a lot, so he's a bad fantasy QB. Even with Bettis gone, Willie Parker will still get more runs than Ben throws...plus we don't know what will happen when he gets hit on the screwed-together head. He's worth a #2 QB slot but you need to find a good #1 QB.

Brad Johnson was good last year, could work out but he doesn't have many weapons around him.

TE:

Heath Miller with Ben Watson backing him up at TE....GREAT CHOICES.

WRs:

Moss....great choice obviously.

Kennison...great WR, usually overlooked but Saunders absense (?) Should work out for you.

Clayton...I owned Clayton in his rookie year and he was a GREAT sleeper that helped me a lot, but last year he was invivible. He has the talent, we'll see.

Bryant...I owned Antonio Bryant when he played for Cleveland last year. He had fights with Dilfer over his number of catches and he's a selfish guy. On a losing team, he could blow up and if Dilfer is throwing to him...look out! He is talented though.

DEFENSES: Great choices!

KICKER: Do you have one or am I misssing him?

My grades for you:

RB: B
QB: C
WR: B
TE: A
DEF: A+
K: Incomplete
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote