Commanders Post at The Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Commanders Post at The Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Locker Room Main Forum Commanders Football & NFL discussion

Postgame Thread - Week 1 vs. Bucs

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-10-2024, 12:32 PM   #61
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Postgame Thread - Week 1 vs. Bucs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Dyami Brown didn't even have a target yesterday. I hope that changes Week 2.
hes not good thats why

Advertisements
Old 09-10-2024, 01:34 PM   #62
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
What a bad game next week will be. Two garbage ass teams that are going nowhere. I mean I don't even know about you guys but my patience, my fan hood is just in the toilet. But I still love talking football. Anyone watch the Lions and how they just ran it down the Rams throat in overtime? I may root for those guys this year, I love watching them play, just love everything about that team and organization.
I feel like the C-men should come out on top this week against the Ginas but New York has flat out owned Washington in Landover.
Old 09-10-2024, 01:34 PM   #63
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Week 1 is almost always a liar.
I've been saying that for nearly 30 years.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 07:07 PM   #64
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Ok, so my real thoughts on this weekends game. It was pretty much what I expected to see. A bad defense with a rookie QB struggling to be a rookie QB. Defense was just trash, which I already predicted as much. Don't expect it to be any better unless we're playing a shitty team like the Giants next week.

Jayden Daniels: Well, the guy is already reminding me of RGIII and that's not good. Runs entirely too much, and doesn't know how to slide. You can tell he's not comfortable in the pocket, and he's holding onto the ball too long. This is a great example from Twitter:

So a user posts this and asks who's the blame on the play. 2.33 seconds and JD takes a sack. Well, most fans say the LT or OL, and this is the same shit that was said previously.

https://x.com/Tiller56/status/1833256611290444172

So after watching the play, now see the field then tell me who's to blame:

https://x.com/bettersportsiq/status/1833379235488272410

He had three fucking guys open and didn't throw the ball. The sack is on the QB.

Dude is a rookie, I get it and he'll grow into something we hopefully can build around. The one thing that has to stop immediately is the not sliding while running. He's not going to last the season if he continues that shit.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2024, 11:04 PM   #65
jamf
Pro Bowl

Adults appear to be making the football decisions for the first time in 25 years. Relax!

Let’s be honest, Terry is the best player on the Offense. He would’ve been 3rd best WR on the Rg3 rookie year team behind Garçon and Moss.

If both tackles are getting beat in under 2.5 seconds, the QB doesn’t have much time to come off his first read. With that time limit, JD needs to have WR option that is going to win off the line consistently. Who on the team is that guy? This is a work in progress.

It works both ways, if we can get that type of pressure, it helps out secondary out tremendously. Unfortunately we don’t have a good LT or edge rusher.

Every single part of the offense is a work in progress.
I would rather JD run and control the play versus sit back and get killed in the pocket like he did on the play above.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 09:45 AM   #66
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Daron Payne
@94yne
Yall can’t hate me out the spot 🤷🏾*♂️ hate it or love it ima be me.
huh

love these cryptic player tweets, can anyone decipher what he's talking about
Old 09-11-2024, 09:45 AM   #67
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Ok, so my real thoughts on this weekends game. It was pretty much what I expected to see. A bad defense with a rookie QB struggling to be a rookie QB. Defense was just trash, which I already predicted as much. Don't expect it to be any better unless we're playing a shitty team like the Giants next week.

Jayden Daniels: Well, the guy is already reminding me of RGIII and that's not good. Runs entirely too much, and doesn't know how to slide. You can tell he's not comfortable in the pocket, and he's holding onto the ball too long. This is a great example from Twitter:

So a user posts this and asks who's the blame on the play. 2.33 seconds and JD takes a sack. Well, most fans say the LT or OL, and this is the same shit that was said previously.

https://x.com/Tiller56/status/1833256611290444172

So after watching the play, now see the field then tell me who's to blame:

https://x.com/bettersportsiq/status/1833379235488272410

He had three fucking guys open and didn't throw the ball. The sack is on the QB.

Dude is a rookie, I get it and he'll grow into something we hopefully can build around. The one thing that has to stop immediately is the not sliding while running. He's not going to last the season if he continues that shit.
This is a very good post. It is revealing - and, I think encouraging - to see that our receivers were getting open. I couldn't see that on the TV broadcast. I think you're being a bit harsh on JD because it was his first game and he faced a fierce pass rush all game long. Perhaps the coaches can come up with some ways to make things a little easier for JD like roll outs, more motion, or max protection until he catches up with the speed of the pro game. But what do I know?
Old 09-11-2024, 10:12 AM   #68
GridIron26
Playmaker

On a different note, I noticed that Lucas and Coleman split the reps at LT in the game. While I didn't pay full attention to Coleman every time but it seems like he held up pretty well, which is a good sign. If he keeps it up, I expect him to become fulltime LT later in the season.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 10:18 AM   #69
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkSkins View Post
The Lions are worse off than Washington when it comes to organizations. They could possibly be on the "right track" now, but overall they're a more shitty organization than the 'Skins.
How so?
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 10:27 AM   #70
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Regarding Daniels, I'm not sure what some of you guys were expecting from him. It's going to take time, that was his first start on the road. What I did like was he didn't turn the ball over and the game didn't seem to be too big for him. Did he pull the ball down and run a bit too early a few times? Sure, but again, that's just something you have to expect from a rookie.

I'm expecting as the season goes on that the game will hopefully slow down and you'll see him get better w/ reading the field. But also I didn't like anything I saw from Kingsberry. To me he is a college coach at best.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 10:27 AM   #71
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
How so?
Re-read what I posted. The Lions are a known to be a shitty organization, and one of the worst organizations in pro football. Like I said, they appear to be on the "right track," but for many years they were considered a more crappier organization than the 'Skins.

Debate or argue as you like, but that is well known.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 11:03 AM   #72
Hoglips
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
huh

love these cryptic player tweets, can anyone decipher what he's talking about
Right. "Ook ook..."
Hoglips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2024, 06:39 PM   #73
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
On a different note, I noticed that Lucas and Coleman split the reps at LT in the game. While I didn't pay full attention to Coleman every time but it seems like he held up pretty well, which is a good sign. If he keeps it up, I expect him to become fulltime LT later in the season.
If Coleman becomes the full-time starter at LT, then I hope Lucas will become the starter at RT. I think that would make our OL stronger.
Old 09-12-2024, 12:13 AM   #74
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Regarding Daniels, I'm not sure what some of you guys were expecting from him. It's going to take time, that was his first start on the road. What I did like was he didn't turn the ball over and the game didn't seem to be too big for him. Did he pull the ball down and run a bit too early a few times? Sure, but again, that's just something you have to expect from a rookie.

I'm expecting as the season goes on that the game will hopefully slow down and you'll see him get better w/ reading the field. But also I didn't like anything I saw from Kingsberry. To me he is a college coach at best.
Tend to agree after week 1. Hopefully it changes but... just looked too much like last years playcalling. Masked by a more mobile/running qb.

Get it together kliff
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2024, 01:01 AM   #75
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
If Coleman becomes the full-time starter at LT, then I hope Lucas will become the starter at RT. I think that would make our OL stronger.

A - effing - men. Wylie was awful - graded out the worst on the O line. Most of the undersigned scrambles were because of pressure from his side. And that’s not on Cosmi who played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk