Commanders Post at The Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Commanders Post at The Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Locker Room Main Forum Commanders Football & NFL discussion

Week 1 NFL

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-07-2024, 07:22 AM   #16
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Re: Week 1 NFL

Regarding Lamar both arguments can be true. He is an elite QB and without him I agree they are a .500 team if that. But there is also no question at this point that his limitations as a passer is the reason they have not advanced in the playoffs and I too highly doubt he will ever be a Super Bowl winning QB.

Like the Cowboys this is just such a tough situation to be in, they don't give out rings for regular season accomplishments.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-07-2024, 08:37 AM   #17
AnonEmouse
The Starter

I agree LJ's their best chance to win, but I can't call him elite because he's effectively a running back that can pass. To be elite he has to be able to lead his team to the promised land and it looks like he can't. If he wins the big one, maybe.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 08:41 AM   #18
AnonEmouse
The Starter

On the Eagles game, something went wrong on Sky TV over here last night so I can't watch the game. Only got 5 mins. of highlights.

The Packers looked like they should have been 2 TD's up early but settled for FG's. Was it poor offence or good defence? Curious, given the result, whether the Eagles D is all that good this season.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 10:28 AM   #19
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
On the Eagles game, something went wrong on Sky TV over here last night so I can't watch the game. Only got 5 mins. of highlights.

The Packers looked like they should have been 2 TD's up early but settled for FG's. Was it poor offence or good defence? Curious, given the result, whether the Eagles D is all that good this season.
The big takeaway is Barkley is a fit with the Eagles and they look like an elite offense because of him.

Defense of eagles is a mixed bag, that secondary still looks vulnerable.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 11:06 AM   #20
Meks
Pro Bowl

The sheagles had.no business winning that game. Penalties were fast and furious on both sides. Packers play calling, a missed fg, and flags kept them out of the end zone. Barkley looked great, that's not good. Hurts still sucks IMO had a couple lucky throws. And that fuckin Fanook ass cheat butt touching play made several appearances. Refs sucked ASS on what became the final drive and sealed the win for philly twice.

Jordan love.got.injured attempting the subsequent hail Mary. Malik Willis should go work at Wal mart.

Sheagles 1-0.
Gay as all hell.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 11:25 AM   #21
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell Green Fan View Post
Regarding Lamar both arguments can be true. He is an elite QB and without him I agree they are a .500 team if that. But there is also no question at this point that his limitations as a passer is the reason they have not advanced in the playoffs and I too highly doubt he will ever be a Super Bowl winning QB.

Like the Cowboys this is just such a tough situation to be in, they don't give out rings for regular season accomplishments.
Until Lamar can get the Ravens to a SB then I just can't put him in that class of being an elite QB. I don't care about NFL MVP's, it means nothing at this point. You can pile up all the individual awards but if your team can't get to a SB then you're just another great player that couldn't get his team over the hump. You have to put the team on your back and get past KC. You can't play like you did in the Championship game at home and be considered an elite QB. That's just how I see it.

I agree, Dak is kinda in the same boat. He just doesn't play his best ball when it matters most. Go ahead and pile up stats all you want. No one in Dallas cares. You gotta beat SF, you gotta beat Green Bay at home. Now this year Dallas has no running game so more pressure will be on Dak. He will fold like he always does.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 03:00 PM   #22
MTK
\m/

Teams win Super Bowls not individuals.

Even Mahomes doesn't do it alone.
Old 09-07-2024, 06:00 PM   #23
skinsnut
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

This used to be true, until Tom Brady. Elite QBs who pull rabbits out of a hat in the end is far more common than it used to be. Just look at the endings of some of the post season games on final drives with these two. There are a couple more, just sayin''
Old 09-07-2024, 07:08 PM   #24
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Lamar had the highest scoring defense again last year along with a solid core of offensive talent and top 10 o line and couldn’t get it done…again

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 08:45 PM   #25
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Is there any streaming options that aren't the Sunday Ticket for watching the game tomorrow? With just a single game option (aka I don't need a season pass)? My girl wants me to watch the game at her place tomorrow but she doesn't have cable and I don't want to go to a bar.
Old 09-08-2024, 08:11 AM   #26
Brummie Brave
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post

That must have been an issue specific to Sky. I get Sky through Virgin, I recorded the game and watched it back in full last night. The picture quality was a little poor at times but otherwise no issues.

My main take from the game is that Barkley is gonna be a problem.
Brummie Brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 10:09 AM   #27
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post

Nobody is saying he does it alone. But it's perfectly clear that one player makes a HUGE difference in this game.
Old 09-08-2024, 10:11 AM   #28
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams

I had checked out on the Commanders once I learned that Snyder was harrassing the witnesses in the sexual misconduct investigation. I just couldn't root for them anymore, when they won he won.

So I've been waiting 2 long years for a game that I really cared about, and I care about this one a great deal. Just bummed that I have to wait an additional 3.5 hours. I'm ready now.
Old 09-08-2024, 11:37 AM   #29
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

More good contract news, thanks Dallas!!

Sources: Dak Prescott, Cowboys agree to record $240M deal

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...cord-240m-deal
Old 09-08-2024, 11:38 AM   #30
calia
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Until Lamar can get the Ravens to a SB then I just can't put him in that class of being an elite QB. I don't care about NFL MVP's, it means nothing at this point. You can pile up all the individual awards but if your team can't get to a SB then you're just another great player that couldn't get his team over the hump. You have to put the team on your back and get past KC. You can't play like you did in the Championship game at home and be considered an elite QB. That's just how I see it.

I agree, Dak is kinda in the same boat. He just doesn't play his best ball when it matters most. Go ahead and pile up stats all you want. No one in Dallas cares. You gotta beat SF, you gotta beat Green Bay at home. Now this year Dallas has no running game so more pressure will be on Dak. He will fold like he always does.

Well, Dak just got paid. Let’s hope this makes it hard for Dallas to maintain talent around him. $231 guaranteed is nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk