Commanders Post at The Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Commanders Post at The Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Debating with the enemy Discuss politics, current events, and other hot button issues here.

Biden drops out

Debating with the enemy

Old 07-22-2024, 12:20 AM   #16
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Biden drops out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
that's my point, if the Dems put a moderate who is respected on both sides of the aisle candidate up, they would have a landslide victory.

Sent from my SM-S711U using Tapatalk
Fair point. I was getting this vibe you were insinuating that Trump was moderate...lol I'm like I know CR isn't taking that many drugs.

Same thing, if GOP had nominated a guy like Romney, I don't think it would be close.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-22-2024, 08:21 AM   #17
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Unfortunately, Harris isn't a moderate. I don't think she could beat Trump. Any Republican would, but they won't do that so they better nominates someone who has a least a modicum of appeal to Haley voters and other never Trumpers. I'd Suggest Kelly or Shapiro.
What is Harris exactly? She got her job on the merits of being a minority female, not because she did anything remarkable legislative wise.

Seems like she's getting the nom not because she's the best person for the job, it's because the VP card is a big one to use. I wish they would go open season and debate it out with the top 4-5 candidates to pick the best for the future. But I fear it's gonna be 2016 all over again where half the Dems want someone else and the political elite Dems are determined to put a woman in office.

Anyways I agree - this increases my respect for Biden because he's done enough to deserve a 2nd term. But stepping down after his term is up is showing respect to America who deserves better than an 80+ year old leader (and I would say this even if Trump was a moderate - 80 year olds should not be in the most powerful position in the world). I just wish he had figured out a plan a year ago when we could prepare for this. Now they're just going to wing it and probably end up with Kamala and people are only gonna vote for her because the alternative is horrible.
Old 07-22-2024, 08:25 AM   #18
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Another thing he deserves credit for is recognizing he's in danger of becoming another Ruth Bader Ginsburg - her entire legacy is ruined because she should've retired before 2016 and McConnell/Trump seized on that opp when they had the chance to stack the court. If Joe stayed in office for a 2nd term and died in office too that's all he would be remembered for as well. But America is bigger than any one man or woman. Glad he came to his senses.
Old 07-23-2024, 10:30 AM   #19
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
This is what I expect too. Trump has done nothing to expand his base in the past 4 years, but he most definitely has lost voters. He won't get more than 45% of the popular vote and in my opinion it won't be that much.

Trump shouldn't even been close to competitive given his conduct. You are somewhat correct on Trump and his base, but the issue is the damage the Dems have done to their base. Minorities are leaving because of the extremes the Dems have gone in the cultural wars and some of them are heading Trump's way. Basically, Dem leadership decided white liberal views were more important than minority views. (Sounds familiar to us Redskins fans, right?)
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 11:40 AM   #20
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Trump shouldn't even been close to competitive given his conduct. You are somewhat correct on Trump and his base, but the issue is the damage the Dems have done to their base. Minorities are leaving because of the extremes the Dems have gone in the cultural wars and some of them are heading Trump's way. Basically, Dem leadership decided white liberal views were more important than minority views. (Sounds familiar to us Redskins fans, right?)
I can't see any of the Democratic base ever voting for Trump as an alternative to what you describe about the democratic party. I also don't see the disenchanted Republican base like Haley supporters voting for Harris in large numbers but they're not going to turn back to Trump.

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 01:15 PM   #21
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
I can't see any of the Democratic base ever voting for Trump as an alternative to what you describe about the democratic party. I also don't see the disenchanted Republican base like Haley supporters voting for Harris in large numbers but they're not going to turn back to Trump.

Well, all I can say is what my black relatives have told me. Maybe they are exceptions, but from polling Trump seems to be doing much better overall with minorities this time around. (unfortunately, it is him that is benefitting from Dem extremism in the cultural wars).
Old 07-26-2024, 03:33 PM   #22
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'd love if Trump followed suit, and said it's time for a new era.

But I'd add the caveat, not until democrats say it won't be Harris or Newsom that runs next. Anyone else vs. Vance, let's go.
SD you do know if Haley was the nominee over trump, the exact same people would be in here calling for Democrat to run a Centrist.

The problem here wasn’t the age of Biden or the debate…it was the polling and big money donors. If Biden was polling stronger, then they would have supported Biden going forward no matter what. Regardless of him being a retarded fucking vegetable.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 12:16 AM   #23
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The problem here wasn’t the age of Biden or the debate…it was the polling and big money donors. If Biden was polling stronger, then they would have supported Biden going forward no matter what. Regardless of him being a retarded fucking vegetable.
The problem was Biden's age, which is why the polling numbers were very low for him. The debate just highlighted people's fears about age being an issue. Watch interviews from 4 years ago, and watch one now. There is a noticeable difference. Biden said his plan was going to be a transition President and only run one term. Now, I don't know who talked him into trying to run again, but they didn't do him any favors. Biden was smart to drop out, it cemented his legacy IMO.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-01-2024, 12:27 AM   #24
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
The problem was Biden's age, which is why the polling numbers were very low for him. The debate just highlighted people's fears about age being an issue. Watch interviews from 4 years ago, and watch one now. There is a noticeable difference. Biden said his plan was going to be a transition President and only run one term. Now, I don't know who talked him into trying to run again, but they didn't do him any favors. Biden was smart to drop out, it cemented his legacy IMO.
Disagree about cementing his legacy. He essentially forced the Dems to choose the weakest option in Harris to replace him. If she loses it will be attributed to him and his legacy will be toast.
Old 08-01-2024, 01:08 AM   #25
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

What is his legacy?
Old 08-01-2024, 09:40 AM   #26
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
What is his legacy?
For the Liberals, his legacy would be toast if Harris loses. I think he was total crap.
Old 08-01-2024, 02:53 PM   #27
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
What is his legacy?
World stage:

His legacy is Afghanistan withdrawal, defeatist and appeasement to Iran which directly lead to the conflict we see today in the Middle East and weakness to Putin who abruptly invaded once Biden was in office.

Oh Biden also bombed Norstream 2 leading the largest greenhouse gas release into the atmosphere of all time….

…notice how the bullshit climate democrats just simply ignore that fact and act like it never happened.

At home:

Biden let the largest totals of illegals cross the border without enforcing laws already on the books to throw them out. At the same time seeing record deaths for fentanyl which poured over the border with them.

Record inflation which was directly tied to democrat spending. Record high food prices and rents.

Illegally gave handouts to elites with student loans bailouts…forcing billions on the backs of the middle class.

Sent energy policy backwards with green bullshit increasing the burden on the middle class with higher cost to heat homes and put gas in the their car.

Covid policies were failures which saw more death than Trump. Biden and Harris supported closing schools which was a failure and we are seeing learning loss among children.

Biden also demonized half the country, attacking hard working Americans with his bullshit rhetoric contributing to an assassination attempt on his political rival.

Biden’s justice department directly prosecuted his political rival like a third world country.

I could keep going, but the left doesn’t give a shit. They hate this country

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 09:05 PM   #28
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
World stage:

His legacy is Afghanistan withdrawal, defeatist and appeasement to Iran which directly lead to the conflict we see today in the Middle East and weakness to Putin who abruptly invaded once Biden was in office.
You mean the Afghanistan withdrawal that Trump negotiated?

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/08/ti...m-afghanistan/

Feb. 29, 2020 — U.S. and Taliban sign an agreement that sets the terms for a U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan by May 1, 2021,

Quote:
Oh Biden also bombed Norstream 2 leading the largest greenhouse gas release into the atmosphere of all time….

You really believe this nonsense? Lemme guess, you watch Alex Jones daily.

Quote:
Biden let the largest totals of illegals cross the border without enforcing laws already on the books to throw them out. At the same time seeing record deaths for fentanyl which poured over the border with them.
Gee, seems that the Biden administration is on pace to match the deportations of Cheeto Jesus admin.
https://www.migrationpolicy.org/arti...rtation-record

Man, those pesky facts keep getting in the way of a good slandering.

Quote:
Record inflation which was directly tied to democrat spending. Record high food prices and rents.

ROFL. Do you guys ever even research a damn thing?
https://www.propublica.org/article/national-debt-trump

Trump added 8 trillion to the national debt in 4 years. Do you know how hard you and how incompetent you have to be achieve that?

I'll take a 4.3 Trillion spent over a 8.4T any day. That's 1/2 of what orange man spent.
https://www.crfb.org/papers/trump-an...-national-debt

Also, if you even knew remotely anything about the economy, you would know that much of the inflation came from the supply chain failures during covid. Couple that with pure corporate greed. No, the spending from Trump nor Biden helped the situation either. Trump harmed it worse than Biden based on the pure spending alone.

How about we start looking at corporations for the cost of prices rising:
https://groundworkcollaborative.org/...its-Report.pdf

Quote:
Illegally gave handouts to elites with student loans bailouts…forcing billions on the backs of the middle class.
To elites? I wasn't aware that middle class people are now considered "elites". Why is it that you don't care that we give all this money to oil companies and farmers but fuck those guys trying to go to school so they can make ends meet. What is it about conservatives and their love affair with the rich affluent? Also, there were income restrictions on those loan forgiveness so so much about HANDOUTS TO THE ELITES.

Quote:
Sent energy policy backwards with green bullshit increasing the burden on the middle class with higher cost to heat homes and put gas in the their car.
Oh you mean like that Texas power grid? Oh wait, that's a Republican's doing. Nah, those prices aren't due to any of Biden's policies. In fact, they invested billions into the infrastructure.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...r-and-cleaner/

Quote:
Covid policies were failures which saw more death than Trump. Biden and Harris supported closing schools which was a failure and we are seeing learning loss among children.
School covid policies were strictly at the state level. The fact you are blaming Biden tells me how really uninformed you are about various things.

Quote:
Biden also demonized half the country, attacking hard working Americans with his bullshit rhetoric contributing to an assassination attempt on his political rival.
I think you're referring to Cheeto Jesus. You lost your mind man...lol

Quote:
Biden’s justice department directly prosecuted his political rival like a third world country.
You mean the same DOJ that also prosecuted his own son and found him guilty? That's how the justice system works man. You break the law, you pay for your crimes. Do you really seriously believe this shit or you just trolling?

Quote:
I could keep going, but the left doesn’t give a shit. They hate this country
The only idiots I ever see talking about secede from the Union and starting a Civil War are the MAGA morons. I mean hell, which group is still flying the flag of the confederates who already lost one war?
Old 08-01-2024, 09:14 PM   #29
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
You mean the Afghanistan withdrawal that Trump negotiated?
Call it what it was - a surrender that Trump negotiated, and that Biden followed through with. That completely unnecessary surrender is on both their legacies.