Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Who will lead Washington in sacks this coming year?

Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2024, 09:26 AM   #35
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Who will lead Washington in sacks this coming year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmundDorf View Post
Difficult to see him getting enough snaps to do that, outside of a major injury crisis or trade. I think he needs to impress greatly in camp and make the most of every single snap. Generally players and their agents have a higher idea of where they will be drafted, so if he was surprised at being picked in the 2nd round then he likely expected to or had been told that he would go at the back end of the 3rd at best.
Difficult to see him getting enough snaps to contribute to a rotation?

Generally...if...likely... Yes, and all that is really just speculation. I don't think all prospects know when they are getting drafted. They may have some idea, but you see players show up in person and never get called. You see players surprised by their selection all the time. He appears to have been a consensus day two pick, and that's where he was selected.

Y'all act like I am saying Mathis is set to take J Allen's job or something. I'm just saying he was a projected day two pick (2nd/3rd round); he was picked in the 2nd round (day 2) and has had injuries to start both seasons so far that put him on the IR. Maybe he will have a healthy offseason and contribute to a rotation. That is all.. Not too far-fetched a scenario my guys.

I agree he would be on the outside looking in on the 53-man roster if his work ethic sucks or he isn't that good. But do we know that at this point?
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote