Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-20-2022, 08:02 PM   #466
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Chaos at the Capitol: New thread edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
“No Lie with BTC”….someone with a handle like that you should always expect lie or deception

When the January 6th Committee engaged in political theater to harass an American hero, General Flynn availed himself of his constitutional rights under the Fifth Amendment, upon the advice of counsel," Binnall said in a statement to CBS News. "That he chose not to dignify their absurd questions and baseless conspiracy theories with a response was necessary to combat yet another political witch hunt. America's founders had the foresight to write the Fifth Amendment for [situations] just like this one."

Flynn gave the fifth for the entire interview, every question. No Lie with BetaTC knows this and knows his tribe are too dumb to highlight the context.

Let me tap the sign:

I’m sorry the Constitution is happening to you

I didn't think it was possible but you are out here doing miracle work.

You're just as dedicated a soldier as any of them. It's unfortunate they are making beaucoup dollars for their efforts and you aren't.

Advertisements
Old 05-04-2023, 09:05 AM   #467
Giantone
Gamebreaker

https://news.yahoo.com/former-fbi-ag...145400182.html

Former FBI agent charged in Jan. 6 attack on U.S. Capitol

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -A former FBI agent has been arrested for his alleged role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol and charged with four misdemeanor counts, including unlawfully entering a restricted building and disorderly conduct, according to court filings.

Jared Wise, 51, who served as an FBI agent and a supervisory agent from 2004 to 2017, was taken into custody on Monday and released home with conditions, according to court filings. Until last June he resided in New Braunfels, Texas, but he has since moved to Bend, Oregon.
In body-worn camera footage captured by D.C. Metropolitan Police officers, Wise addressed them directly, saying: "“You guys are disgusting. I’m former — I’m former law enforcement. You’re disgusting. You are the Nazi. You are the Gestapo. You can’t see it. ... Shame on you! Shame on you! Shame on you!”
Old 05-04-2023, 11:34 AM   #468
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Ex-Proud Boys leader Tarrio guilty of Jan. 6 sedition plot

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-proud-boys...150649979.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Proud Boys leader Enrique Tarrio and three other members of the far-right extremist group were convicted Thursday of a plot to attack the U.S. Capitol in a desperate bid to keep Donald Trump in power after the Republican lost the 2020 presidential election.

A jury in Washington, D.C., found Tarrio guilty of seditious conspiracy after hearing from dozens of witnesses over more than three months in one of the most serious cases brought in the stunning attack that unfolded on Jan. 6, 2021, as the world watched on live TV.

It’s a significant milestone for the Justice Department, which has now secured seditious conspiracy convictions against the leaders of two major extremist groups prosecutors say were intent on keeping Democrat Joe Biden out of the White House at all costs. The charge carries a prison sentence of up to 20 years.
Old 05-25-2023, 01:24 PM   #469
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes sentenced to 18 years for seditious conspiracy in Jan. 6 attack

https://news.yahoo.com/oath-keepers-...041627637.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — The founder of the Oath Keepers extremist group was sentenced Thursday to 18 years in prison for orchestrating a weekslong plot that culminated in his followers attacking the U.S. Capitol in a bid to keep President Joe Biden out of the White House after the 2020 election.

Stewart Rhodes is the first person charged in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack to be sentenced for seditious conspiracy, and his sentence is the longest that has been handed down so far in the hundreds of Capitol riot cases.

It’s another milestone for the Justice Department’s sprawling Jan. 6 investigation, which has led to seditious conspiracy convictions against the top leaders of two far-right extremist groups authorities say came to Washington prepared to fight to keep President Donald Trump in power at all costs.
Old 05-25-2023, 08:26 PM   #470
nonniey
The Starter

^^^ Good.
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 09:40 PM   #471
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
^^^ Good.
Exactly

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 09:09 AM   #472
Giantone
Gamebreaker

JHC his Lawyers should know Better!

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-asks-ja...190911835.html

Trump Asks For Jan. 6 Dismissal Because Coup Attempt Was Part Of His Official Duties

WASHINGTON — Donald Trump is asking a federal judge to dismiss criminal charges against him based on his actions leading up to his Jan. 6, 2021, coup attempt because, as president, that coup attempt should be considered part of his presidential duties.

Trump lawyers Todd Blanche and John Lauro, in Thursday’s 52-page filing to U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, attempted to minimize Trump’s actions leading up to the violent assault on the Capitol that day and that, regardless, the law allowed Trump to act based on his belief that the election had been stolen from him.

“The indictment is based entirely on alleged actions within the heartland of President Trump’s official duties, or at the very least, within the ‘outer perimeter’ of his official duties,” Blanche and Lauro wrote. “As President Trump is absolutely immune from criminal prosecution for such acts, the court should dismiss the indictment.”
Old 10-06-2023, 10:22 AM   #473
nonniey
The Starter

^^^^
Can you imagine the consequences of a court finding that using illegal acts to stay in power was part of the official duties of the President?
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote