Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cards post game

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-14-2023, 02:53 PM   #121
SunnySide
Playmaker

Re: Cards post game

howell gave a really good press conf yesterday re sacks.

Said he needs to help the O line better getting the ball out and just throwing it away vs stepping out a yard short of the LOS.

on sack strip score ... he said he should have just eaten it once it was a blown play and he shouldnt have tried to back spin out of a sack in that down/distance/spot on field.

----------

Work in progress but Wylie will need 66% TE help or be replaced by week 8 or so.

Advertisements
Old 09-14-2023, 03:22 PM   #122
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

If Gibson is fumbling and not pass blocking well, CRod is going to just start taking all of his reps. Think we'll be looking for a RB for 2024.

Good to know that the line played better than the eye-test seemed to indicate. I trust Howell to keep improving, so if they play like that or maybe a little better all season, and Howell keeps progressing, might look pretty good by the end of season.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 07:39 PM   #123
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I actually think it is a confidence thing. Maybe not necessarily confidence in his abilities, but confidence with regard to trusting what he is seeing, and that his guys will make the plays if he just puts the ball on them in time.

It will come with experience and more reps.
That's where I was coming from. Its not his overall confidence and particularly his arm strength, its that what he sees in that moment. He needs to trust that what he's seeing is a good opportunity and therefore he should throw it. Not look for a sure thing. Trust that if he has to throw an imperfect pass (i.e. more inside on a hook to keep the ball out of the DBs reach) then his receiver will adjust.
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 09:22 PM   #124
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
That's where I was coming from. Its not his overall confidence and particularly his arm strength, its that what he sees in that moment. He needs to trust that what he's seeing is a good opportunity and therefore he should throw it. Not look for a sure thing. Trust that if he has to throw an imperfect pass (i.e. more inside on a hook to keep the ball out of the DBs reach) then his receiver will adjust.
Agreed. He needs to read the defense pre snap and get the ball to the appropriate WR as they setup their route.
Seems like he knows what the problem is. Hopefully he can make the adjustment.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 09:58 AM   #125
Hoglips
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
howell gave a really good press conf yesterday re sacks.

Said he needs to help the O line better getting the ball out and just throwing it away vs stepping out a yard short of the LOS.

on sack strip score ... he said he should have just eaten it once it was a blown play and he shouldnt have tried to back spin out of a sack in that down/distance/spot on field.

----------

Work in progress but Wylie will need 66% TE help or be replaced by week 8 or so.
Awareness, which you have to expect will improve with experience. Time will tell, because not all QBs get there.
Hoglips is offline   Reply With Quote