Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Shockey an utter fool!!!

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-25-2005, 04:07 PM   #16
4mrusmc
Impact Rookie

Re: Shockey an utter fool!!!

Yeah, and apparently Cooley is one ho slaying cat. "2 down and 28 to go." He catches everything that is thrown to him. But, he tends to get tackled and thrown down like a rag-doll. With exception to the last 2 games.
4mrusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #17
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Seriously?! I've always seen Cooley run through tacklers. He might not have the speed of Shockey, but DAMN he runs right through people.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:59 PM   #18
saden1
MVP

I'm worried more about Cooley over doing the whole "running through people" thing and losing the ball. Extra effort is nice, but for the love of god get both hands on the ball. Cooley has been doing both lately and very well I might add.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 07:46 PM   #19
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Special Teams

Lets be real cooley was a draft day steal for us but he is no shockey. when shockey has his head in the game he and gates are the two best tightends in the game. shockey catches everything, runs through people and blocks his ass off. You all know that you would love to have shockey on our team in our system made for him. we definitely need a tightend with the speed to help stretch the field for moss, portis and cooley. don't get me wrong cooley i love him and glad we have him but he is no shockey so lets put that to rest
Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:00 PM   #20
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

I think Cooley is on par with Shockey and will be better than him by next season.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:09 PM   #21
skindogger47
Special Teams

Shockey embarasses the organization, I would rather have Cooley. Though I'd rather have Shockey than Royal.
skindogger47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 08:35 PM   #22
saden1
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Lets be real cooley was a draft day steal for us but he is no shockey. when shockey has his head in the game he and gates are the two best tightends in the game. shockey catches everything, runs through people and blocks his ass off. You all know that you would love to have shockey on our team in our system made for him. we definitely need a tightend with the speed to help stretch the field for moss, portis and cooley. don't get me wrong cooley i love him and glad we have him but he is no shockey so lets put that to rest
Shockey is all hype! What good is a player if he can't maintain his cool? Football is both a mental and physical game. Also, I don't know what you're watching but Cooley isn't physically less capable than Shockey. Not only that but he can only get better.
saden1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2005, 09:47 PM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean"Big Hurt"Taylor
Shockey's punk-ass attitude is his main problem.

If I had the choice of Shockey or Cooley, I'd take Cooley hands down. And I'm not saying that because I'm a homer.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:14 AM   #24
Luxorreb
^21^

Shockey when he plays football is a good player. I'll take Cooley cause he's ALWAYS a good football player.

Here's this years breakdown:

Shockey- 63 recepts/ 873 yds/ 7 TDs
Cooley- 69 recepts/ 766 yds/ 7 TDs

After 4 years Shockey has 246 recepts/ 2968 yds 17 TDs
After 2 years Cooley has 106 recepts/ 1080 yds/ 13 TDs

I've seen Shockey drop alot of passes and Sunday saw him choose to be an extra at an NFL game. The scene of him in Seattle was priceless! Yeah Cooley over Shockey any day and yeah he was a steal.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #25
Southpaw
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxorreb
Shockey- 63 recepts/ 873 yds/ 7 TDs
Cooley- 69 recepts/ 766 yds/ 7 TDs
The only reason Shockey even has 106 more yards than Cooley is because Shockey lines up in the slot, and runs 15-20 yard routes on almost half of the passing plays. Cooley usually goes in motion and into the flats on pass plays to be a checkdown for Brunell, which makes his 766 yards all the more impressive.

Shockey also seems to have the attitude that everyone is supposed to be afraid of his ability or something, while Cooley just goes out and does his job. I'd take Cooley over Chokey's punk ass, any day of the week.
Southpaw is offline   Reply With Quote