Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Dallas week 2.0

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2020, 11:09 PM   #1
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Re: Dallas week 2.0

You know what ?
Call me kool aid drinking delusional mofo all you want... but I want us to win this game.
I want us to make the playoffs.

We are a bad team, and I'm quite disappointed in our defense, I was expecting more from this talent under this coachi by staff. Yes, they've been better, yes they haven't been the reason we lost some of these games. But I think they can do better... and they will need to if we want to win this one.

Anyway, I'll take winning the worst division in football history, making the playoffs and actually building a winning culture with a young group of guys, most of whom will be there for several years, over draft position.

I was down before last game, and I'm aware we beat a team with a subsubpar back up QB, but this is a year where you can be mediocre AND win this shitty division.

Winning on Thursday would get us in a good position to do that.

Difficult game, but if our D finally plays a complete 60 minutes game, we have a shot, and I'd like us to take it.

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2020, 12:35 PM   #2
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
A question now on the table, is Moses the long term answer at LT? I’d like to see if it could be answered by end of year.

The group and play of individuals has risen as the year has gone on...I don’t think it’s a surprise since Martin been benched and Christian has been injured the group has taken another step. The coaching staff deserves a big hand.

Interesting to see if Charles and Ismael can contribute next year to the group.
To now I've not been the biggest fan of Moses (not least because he got as many holding calls in Madden as he does in real life! ). But if he's turned the corner and has the potential to be that long term solution, then what the hell, why not. I can't help thinking the Cowboys and Steelers will expose him if he isn't that guy.

But even if he is, we still need a good RT to replace him. And can we resign all our good OL this offseason without tagging Scherff again?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
To now I've not been the biggest fan of Moses (not least because he got as many holding calls in Madden as he does in real life! ). But if he's turned the corner and has the potential to be that long term solution, then what the hell, why not. I can't help thinking the Cowboys and Steelers will expose him if he isn't that guy.

But even if he is, we still need a good RT to replace him. And can we resign all our good OL this offseason without tagging Scherff again?
You know the Cowboys will be a good test pass rush wise vs Moses. Moses had redeemed himself and is playing at a very high level. Schreff has been borderline dominant since he has been back...while I’m not paying him 15 mill per...I’d let him test the market. Schweitzer been really good, Roullier been great and has line call responsibilities...good Charles been given a chance somewhere on the line next year? I just have a really hard time locking up a huge contract for a guard when I see big holes at TE, MLB, WR...possibly LT

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:01 PM   #4
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Go WFT! Beat Dallas!

Also like our chances if game is called fairly. Our defense is better than Dallas. Gibson and Mclaurin are blowing up, and we have respectable qb play now. This would be great to win but my expectations are moderate.
WCommandersfan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #5
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Skinsinator View Post
Go WFT! Beat Dallas!

Also like our chances if game is called fairly. Our defense is better than Dallas. Gibson and Mclaurin are blowing up, and we have respectable qb play now. This would be great to win but my expectations are moderate.
I’m with you....like a legend once said, “stay medium”

He Gets Us
Old 11-25-2020, 02:27 PM   #6
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
You know the Cowboys will be a good test pass rush wise vs Moses. Moses had redeemed himself and is playing at a very high level. Schreff has been borderline dominant since he has been back...while I’m not paying him 15 mill per...I’d let him test the market. Schweitzer been really good, Roullier been great and has line call responsibilities...good Charles been given a chance somewhere on the line next year? I just have a really hard time locking up a huge contract for a guard when I see big holes at TE, MLB, WR...possibly LT
You would be a fool to let Scherff walk, he's our best Olineman. Everyone bitches about our OL, why let your best lineman leave?

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #7
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
You would be a fool to let Scherff walk, he's our best Olineman. Everyone bitches about our OL, why let your best lineman leave?
Yeah I was in that camp. Here’s the thing, he’s 30 and we have a young team with obvious talent with bigger decisions over the next couple years. Is paying a guard position a top 5 guard money the smartest move right now for this team?

I get the argument and I’d like to have him back...also is another team gonna give him huge money? I don’t know..

He Gets Us
Old 11-25-2020, 02:53 PM   #8
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Yeah I was in that camp. Here’s the thing, he’s 30 and we have a young team with obvious talent with bigger decisions over the next couple years. Is paying a guard position a top 5 guard money the smartest move right now for this team?

I get the argument and I’d like to have him back...also is another team gonna give him huge money? I don’t know..
Allen’s contract is up next year also. We can’t afford to create another hole in the Oline. I would either trade Allen or Payne and resign Settle who to me is a more dominant player than Allen or Payne (look what he’s done in limited play). Bottom sign Scherff and Settle.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 03:56 PM   #9
MTK
\m/

Quote:

First off he’s 28 and if you don’t think someone would gladly give him a nice fat contract you’re seriously out of touch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2020, 08:54 PM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

ESPN has an article about Turkey day games. Keim got the bold prediction section for our game:

Bold prediction: In three home games against Washington, Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott has averaged 113.3 yards and 1.3 touchdowns. So naturally, he will rush for 113 yards and a touchdown on Thursday. Washington's run defense has been inconsistent at best, partly because some of its linemen continue to use two-gap techniques in a one-gap system and then the linebackers don't attack often enough. Quarterback Alex Smith will keep Washington in this game, but when Elliott cracks 100 yards, Dallas is 23-4.-- John Keim

1st time reading about this. DlIne players are freelancing? That's not good, especially with our LB group.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote