Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Coronavirus (non political)

Parking Lot

Old 05-05-2020, 01:22 PM   #1
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Re: Coronavirus (non political)

I am starting to become inconvenienced by the virus in ways I could not imagine. The worst is now not using the post office for shipping transit times that used to be 2-3 days now have stretched up to 2 weeks. So now I will make a 90 minute round trip to Fedex up to 3 times a week.

The thing that got me yesterday was going to Harbor Freight. I got the last 25 pounds of aluminum oxide. I was expecting to leave with a couple hundred pounds of various types blasting media. When I inquired why a normal fully stocked section was stripped clean I was told the store had not seen a delivery truck in 3 weeks. All their warehouses were shut down for cleaning. They said a truck was due Thursday so I suppose I will go back Friday. Extra shopping trips are a big deal to me as anything other than groceries is a 60 mile round trip.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #2
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
2020 is just out of control.

lol!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:09 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://www.jpost.com/health-science...vaccine-626913

This scientific breakthrough has three key parameters: The antibody is monoclonal, new and refined, and contains an exceptionally low proportion of harmful proteins; the institute has demonstrated the ability of the antibody to neutralize the coronavirus; 3 the antibody was specifically tested on the aggressive coronavirus.

“Based on comprehensive scientific publications from around the globe, it appears that the IIBR is the first institution to achieve a scientific breakthrough that meets all three of the aforementioned parameters simultaneously,” the Defense Ministry said in a statement on behalf of the institute.

Yuuuugggeeeee news

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 12:26 AM   #4
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I'm no humanitarian award winner, but fuck me, people are assholes.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-engla...ness-aid-fraud

Taking money from people that really need it while stealing from your own country. Throw the book at them.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 09:04 AM   #5
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

I had posted earlier about I got off Facebook because of all the drama and hypocrisy and conspiracy theories about the virus but if this doesn’t scream some kind conspiracy I don’t know what does,I mean wtf? You don’t just “fall” out a window,and a top researcher is murdered when allegedly was near a breakthrough? I’m not saying I believe anything is going on,what I’m saying is this is weird and this just adds fuel to the fire to some of these theories.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ntl/index.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...outputType=amp
Old 05-12-2020, 08:17 AM   #6
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/11/h...1c1cdf4dbbc721

From the 4th paragraph:

Evidence is mounting that masks — if worn in public places, by everyone — are far more effective at stopping transmission than was previously realized. Across the nation, testing remains wholly inadequate, but home-use nasal swabs and saliva tests are on the way that may provide a clearer picture of where the virus is.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:06 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

If any good comes from all this I hope that as a country we adopt wearing a mask in public when we're not feeling well like they do in Asian countries.
Old 05-12-2020, 11:57 AM   #8
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If any good comes from all this I hope that as a country we adopt wearing a mask in public when we're not feeling well like they do in Asian countries.
And I think they can be done as a fashion statement too. Those neck scarf/mask things can be done well. Was thinking of getting a Redskins one if I can find one that's not too gaudy.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:26 PM   #9
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I was just talking about this to my buddy this morning. Not only do they wear masks in Asian countries when they aren't feeling well, they wear them in public areas commonly, just as part of their culture. One thing i think changes permanently among Americans, is that we wear masks in public from now on. I would think at some point in malls and stuff, that wearing masks is a permanent requirement.
Old 05-12-2020, 12:53 PM   #10
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I was just talking about this to my buddy this morning. Not only do they wear masks in Asian countries when they aren't feeling well, they wear them in public areas commonly, just as part of their culture. One thing i think changes permanently among Americans, is that we wear masks in public from now on. I would think at some point in malls and stuff, that wearing masks is a permanent requirement.
I really really hope this is never the case. I'll basically just stop going out. It's a huge inconvenience to wear these.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:09 PM   #11
mredskins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I really really hope this is never the case. I'll basically just stop going out. It's a huge inconvenience to wear these.
Dude I said the same about PANTS! But after a month or two it felt normal, still working on keeping the fly zipped up though.
Old 05-12-2020, 01:31 PM   #12
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Dude I said the same about PANTS! But after a month or two it felt normal, still working on keeping the fly zipped up though.
We can all just become bubbleboys. Never leave our bubbles. We'll all be miserable but won't ever get sick. Moops.

Old 05-12-2020, 01:32 PM   #13
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post

I for one am thrilled about your decision to wear pants....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:30 PM   #14
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
I would bet a million bucks this isnt permanent but among a very few amount of people,hell were in the middle of a frickin pandemic and here in Houston since things have started opening I would say it's 50-50 on mask wearing.
Now if the shit hits the fan and the Country shuts down again,then maybe people will get the message,but I still doubt it would make it permanent.
At my place of employment{Independently owned retail store}the owners are having the 3 salespeople wear mask when waiting on customers,but if it gets busy and the owners have to wait on someone they rarely put a mask on,and as soon as customers leave everyones mask come off and theres no social distancing.Up until today I was only one still wearing my mask full time but today I said screw it,it's not gonna do any good if no one else is doing it.
They all think I'm nuts for still wearing mine

What I dont understand is the owners just lost all this business,took out loan and kept paying us yet they dont want to wear mask or care because they dont believe the virus is that bad{for healthy person} and the mask are uncomfortable,so here we are spreading it around as much as possible just hastening the return of another shutdown which would most likely put us out of bizness,doesnt make sense to me
Old 05-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #15
Giantone
Gamebreaker

This will have to end soon, solitary confinement is considerd an inhuman form of imprisonment. I know it's a joke but does have a little truth in it.