Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: Should the Redskins pay or trade Trent Williams?
Pay him 34 46.58%
Trade him 39 53.42%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2019, 06:59 PM   #1
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Trent Williams holding out for new deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
What a sad way to end a career with your team. All 3 parties involved in their pissing match can go fuck themselves. Trade Trent to the Vikings so my hate can double.
'bout sums it up.

This also applies:

https://twitter.com/bykevinclark/sta...36763560161280

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Clark
The Dolphins figured out they sucked months ago and planned ahead. A bunch of other teams just realized they sucked and are paying the price today.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:28 PM   #2
calia
Playmaker

Watch the Redskins do something stupid with him and ruin whatever off-season trade value may exist. Bruce Allen is so phenomenally incompetent -- it is staggering.

I cannot help but wonder what is going on in the mind of Dan Snyder. Your team is unwatchable, your stands filled with the fans of your opponents, your team President may be the most reviled man in Washington (and that is saying something, although you're giving him a run for the money), your best player refuses to play for you and shows up only to inch closer to the day when he has no contractual obligation to you, your team is widely viewed as the biggest joke in the league, and you have lifelong fans asking for you to fire Allen, fire yourself, sell the team, etc.

Assuming he's not oblivious to all of this -- and if so, that's one hell of a bubble -- what goes through his mind? Arrogantly thinking, "All these haters are wrong?" Believing that we're really close to being a playoff caliber team, and we just need a few breaks? Not caring because it's a business and he is somehow making money?

I supposed we will never know. But I am pretty close to joining the ever-expanding ranks of former Redskins fans. I just don't see any reason to hope it will get better. Ever. Snyder is about my age -- I may never live to see a different owner. Fuck this is depressing.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
Watch the Redskins do something stupid with him and ruin whatever off-season trade value may exist. Bruce Allen is so phenomenally incompetent -- it is staggering.

I cannot help but wonder what is going on in the mind of Dan Snyder. Your team is unwatchable, your stands filled with the fans of your opponents, your team President may be the most reviled man in Washington (and that is saying something, although you're giving him a run for the money), your best player refuses to play for you and shows up only to inch closer to the day when he has no contractual obligation to you, your team is widely viewed as the biggest joke in the league, and you have lifelong fans asking for you to fire Allen, fire yourself, sell the team, etc.

Assuming he's not oblivious to all of this -- and if so, that's one hell of a bubble -- what goes through his mind? Arrogantly thinking, "All these haters are wrong?" Believing that we're really close to being a playoff caliber team, and we just need a few breaks? Not caring because it's a business and he is somehow making money?

I supposed we will never know. But I am pretty close to joining the ever-expanding ranks of former Redskins fans. I just don't see any reason to hope it will get better. Ever. Snyder is about my age -- I may never live to see a different owner. Fuck this is depressing.
I have these neighbors both husband and wife work for the Ravens when I was picking my son up at the bus stop the husband said the Ravens have been benefitting from Bruce Allen's managment it is a constant influx of former Redskin fans.
Old 10-29-2019, 07:17 PM   #4
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

TW reporting right after WK8 trade deadline and 2 weeks before WK10 "accrued seasons" deadline is the exact worst case scenario that we talked about in this very thread a couple of weeks ago. (Back then someone said it was not very likely, which was true, but I said with this team and this situation I was afraid it still could happen).

His value during the offseason just dropped tremendously because he'll only have 1 year left on his contract.

Great job Bruce...

I'm not even mad at TW, I can understand not wanting to have anything to do with this organisation...
Old 10-29-2019, 07:20 PM   #5
rocnrik
Playmaker

There is no way in hell I would let one of the best tackle in football and the best player on the team go for a 2cnd round pick .. Trent started this mess with the holdout over some med issue that really wasn’t a issue.. I’m over him but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.. try agian to trade him in off season .
Old 10-29-2019, 08:30 PM   #6
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
There is no way in hell I would let one of the best tackle in football and the best player on the team go for a 2cnd round pick .. Trent started this mess with the holdout over some med issue that really wasn’t a issue.. I’m over him but don’t throw the baby out with the bath water.. try agian to trade him in off season .
Reportedly the Browns offered multiple early picks (2nd and 3rd). I would have made that trade. You get the cap savings, two high picks on a bad team. and the end of this mess.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #7
Skinsfanatic
The Starter

So, which one happens next:

A. The Redskins and Trent Williams kiss and makeup over a contract extension.
B. The Redskins attempt to put Trent on the exempt list so he doesn't accrue a year.
C. Trent Williams pretends that Bruce Allen is Richard Sherman.
D. Both B and C.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:17 PM   #8
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

All I got to say is:

Fuck Bruce
Fuck Danny
Fuck Trent

He won’t suit up and will have a shitty attitude. Fans should boo his ass and call him a Dumbass quitter.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 10-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #9
rocnrik
Playmaker

I would say we should boycott the team but it’s allready happened.. following this team is addictive like watching a damn soap or drama series.. it’s not even about winning games anymore it’s about what stupid stuff happens next...you got one thing after another.. this may be the worse run pro franchise of all time..
Old 10-29-2019, 08:50 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Fresh thread time