Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Looks like Dallas wants Vinny Testaverde

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-08-2004, 12:27 AM   #1
SKINS73
Special Teams

Looks like Dallas wants Vinny Testaverde

Any thoughts on Vinny going to Dallas? I think he's a little washed up; however, he could be a decent teacher and role model for Carter and Henson...

Parcells holds invitations to veterans' minicamp

06:28 PM CDT on Thursday, May 6, 2004

By MATT MOSLEY / DallasNews.com

Bill Parcells will spend the next couple of weeks planning a veterans' minicamp that will begin June 5. But first, he had to sit down and draft a letter of invitation to all of his players.

Starting left guard Larry Allen, a no-show at Valley Ranch so far this off-season, is expected to receive one of those letters.

In the past, the Cowboys held several minicamps during the off-season, but Parcells favors having one extended minicamp. He indicated last week that the June minicamp could last as long as six days.

The Cowboys may have some new players on the roster by time the camp begins. Several teams around the league are waiting until June 1 to release players so they can spread out their salary cap impact.

The Jets are likely to release 40-year-old quarterback Vinny Testaverde, who might be the type of quarterback Parcells would like to help tutor Quincy Carter and Drew Henson.

After the June minicamp ends, the Cowboys won't meet again until July 31, which is the tentative starting date for training camp in Oxnard, Calif.

"I have to do my teaching schedule for training camp," Parcells said last Friday. "So my coaches can make their installation schedule. That takes a little work."
SKINS73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-09-2004, 01:44 AM   #2
lou
Camp Scrub

lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:51 AM   #3
lou
Camp Scrub

oops. Anyway, I have always liked Vinny T as a Qb. The only time I can remember where it was critical for me to see him lose was in the Fiesta Bowl in 1987. I still have memories of being in my room watching DJ Dozier wave his terrible towel on my 15 in TV screen. The greatest moment in PSU history. Well I think it was 15 in anyway. I surely hope he does not become a cowgirl. I think that would be a downer for the Canes fans on this board as well.
lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 02:18 AM   #4
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

I think Vinny will probably be a Cowboy, the expressed interest in him before. I dont want a Cane to play in Dallas, but with the shitty QBs they have there he might get some playing time to help his career stats.
Old 05-09-2004, 03:10 AM   #5
hi-jinx
Special Teams

What do you think his place in Dallas would be? You think he would be the 2nd QB?
hi-jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 10:44 AM   #6
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

I'd think Carter, Vinny, Henson. Vinny could teach both Carter and Henson a lot. I'm worried about Carter in a couple years, with his mobility and his potential with a strong coaching staff around him we could be in trouble!
Daseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 11:50 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

I'm I'm Parcells Vinny is a good move to make. QC came along a bit last year but still makes way too many mistakes and still turns the ball over too much for his liking. Vinny is way past his prime but he knows the system and can still fill in for a few starts here and there.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 06:41 PM   #8
hi-jinx
Special Teams

Hard to believe Vinny is 40. Anyone remember a backup QB for the Raiders about 10 years back who was like 45 who would come in once in a while and usally pulled out a win? I think his name was Evans. That old man would come in and I guess because he was fresh would really pull off some big plays. Good legs too as I remember. Point is I think there are still some good games left in vinny when a team needed him.
Old 05-09-2004, 10:50 PM   #9
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-jinx
Hard to believe Vinny is 40. Anyone remember a backup QB for the Raiders about 10 years back who was like 45 who would come in once in a while and usally pulled out a win? I think his name was Evans. That old man would come in and I guess because he was fresh would really pull off some big plays. Good legs too as I remember. Point is I think there are still some good games left in vinny when a team needed him.
Yeah Vince Evans, former CFL star
Old 05-10-2004, 12:52 AM   #10
jasonskin
Special Teams

Vinny is done he has been done.Vinny can teach bot the cowboys QB sucks Carterdid nothing last year they made the playoffs because the D.If Henson was good he would have been in the nfl.
jasonskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 02:30 AM   #11
hi-jinx
Special Teams

Must be a non english speaking Redskins fan.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:27 AM   #12
jsarno
Franchise Player

Vinny is not great in my opinion. He had a couple decent seasons throughout his career, and the sad thing is, since he hung around for so long, he'll probably make the hall. I don't mind seeing him in a Cowboys uni, cause I know he's got nothing left. He would be a good mentor for Henson though. That kid makes me nervous.