Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Top Defensive Backs in NFL - Ohalete?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-06-2004, 10:56 PM   #16
jdlea
Playmaker

I suppose if you went purely off of stats last year Ohelete could be top 3, but what the hell kinda magazine rates the top 3 D-Backs as Brain Russell, Rodney Harrison, Ifeani Ohelete?
jdlea is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-07-2004, 12:12 AM   #17
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdlea
I suppose if you went purely off of stats last year Ohelete could be top 3, but what the hell kinda magazine rates the top 3 D-Backs as Brain Russell, Rodney Harrison, Ifeani Ohelete?
if that's the case, what about cory chaveous who had 8 ints(1 for TD) and 85 tackles? this book sounds kinda odd to me cuz there is now way lavar is the 37th ranked linebacker in the game.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 05:55 AM   #18
jrocx69
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
Isn't the quarter defense 3 Dlinemen, 2 LBs, 4 CBs and 2 safeties?
3dl, 1lb*, 4cbs , 3s

or 5cbs

williams loves to run the 4-6 and use 6 db's at times, thats why we added all that depth
jrocx69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:16 AM   #19
SKINS73
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
if that's the case, what about cory chaveous who had 8 ints(1 for TD) and 85 tackles? this book sounds kinda odd to me cuz there is now way lavar is the 37th ranked linebacker in the game.
They have cory chaveous ranked #4 behind Ohalete... the book is based of of projected statistics. LaVar is ranked low because they don't have him projected to get any INTs and in fantasy leagues INTs are worth a lot of points. He projected to get 85 tackles next season. Someone else made the comment that top corners don't make good fantasy selections because no one throws at them. So this fantasy guide is strictly determining who might get the most points. It was published before the draft, so they don't know that the Redskins drafted Taylor, which might interfer with Ohalete's playing time! I used this magazine as a reference last year and I did pretty good.
SKINS73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:57 AM   #20
BrudLee
Playmaker

Are they aware that Iffy is likely riding the pine this year?
Old 05-07-2004, 11:30 AM   #21
joethiesmanfan
The Starter

Ohalette and Taylor should be the starting safeties bring bowen in on downs we use the third safety as a linebacker.. Ohalette covers better than bowen we have Taylor to be the hammer in the secondary you need a good cover safety as the other safety. plus Ohalette supported the run well last year and didnt look stupid. bowen likes to run into people thats all, plus his football intelligence is very low on Madden he wouldnt have a good rating for awareness.
joethiesmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 11:36 AM   #22
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINS73
I just purchased the Fantasy League 2004 Source Book and they have Ifeanyi Ohalete ranked #3 in the NFL! Does anyone understand this logic? There is no reason listed for the rankings.
I know a lot of Redskins fans see Ohalete as sub par, or at best average. I don't. I think he's very good and has made some mistakes. There were times last year where I thought he was leading that defense. This is a VERY good player that just needs a little more time to become seasoned. I do not agree he's a top 3, but top 10 I think he is, and will be a top 3 some day.
Old 05-08-2004, 05:49 AM   #23
Hogskin
Impact Rookie

Sounds to me like you need a different "SOURCE" for your fantasy info. That is just plain nonsense for numerous reasons. There are some great "pay" fantasy info sites available, and a lot of horrible ones. Remember, ANYONE can publish info and claim to be knowledgeable. You need to look a their track record from the past season or two.

John Shaffer
National Fantasy Sports Leagues, Inc.
Home of "The Best Game In Town" since 1990
Hogskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:11 PM   #24
SKINS73
Special Teams

This is from a Sporting News writer:

Paul Woody /
Posted: 19 hours ago

Sean Taylor is the heir apparent at free safety, and Matt Bowen is expected to move to Ifeayni Ohalete's strong safety spot. But Ohalete is not going to give up his job without a fight. He's a smart, aggressive player with decent speed and big-play ability. Ohalete has a knack for being around the ball. He has improved each season and is playing with confidence.

Maybe we were being a little rough on Iffy!
SKINS73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2004, 06:15 PM   #25
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Remember what our main man Joe Crisp wrote a couple of weeks ago:

"Ifeanyi Ohalete is not going to give up his starting safety spot without a fight. The 4th year vet, while saying all the right things about Redskins top draft pick safety Sean Taylor, was on fire in minicamp. Ohalete was all over the place in the secondary, playing very aggressively and making a lot of good plays-- picking off or otherwise breaking up passes. Taylor's acquisition has clearly brought a sense of urgency and focus to Ohalete's game, and Ohalete has taken a very stern and business-like attitude into the practices."
Old 05-10-2004, 06:34 PM   #26
Carnage
Special Teams

He is in a contract year, so he probably won't hold anything back.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote