Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

First Time in Chicago: Suggestions?

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2017, 10:02 PM   #30
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: First Time in Chicago: Suggestions?

Well I did make it to the trail, didn't make it to the museum though. :/ Love the place and will definitely be back eventually if I ever catch another good deal, so it's back on the bucket list. As far as cities go it's up there with NYC/Boston, there's no shortage of random things to do if you have the time. Traffic sucks, but it's par for the course.

As far as food goes, I went to several local hotspots and for the most part have nothing but nice things to say about them.

Portillo's - the combo is legit. I only wanted the six incher (that's what she said) but the guy taking drive through orders in the parking lot (literally that bitch put Chik-Fil-A's line to shame) suggested I get brown gravy on the side (not normal brown gravy either, this was like some mildly hot/not thick with all manner of spices/seasoning) and it came out muy bueno.

Harold's Chicken Shack - decent tenders, mild sauce is alright, fries are meh

Culvers - if you've had Freddie's Steak Burgers don't bother, the "butterburger" tasted the same.

Superdawg - tourist trap, decent Italian sausage but not worth the drive or the insane wait times.

Ord Pizzeria - Great recommendation by Schneed, very good, delicious thin crust pizzeria. Worthy of the trip. If you love crust don't bother.

Chicken-N-Spice - not necessarily Chicago, but I ate at this place in Joliet and the brand lives up to the name.

Gold Coast Dogs - I ate at this place in Midway, and the staff assured me they used Vienna beef, even though I didn't see the blue V anywhere. I had the Chicago style char dog, and even though I'm not a huge hot dog fan I can see why people like it. Their hot dog game is on point, definitely recommend.