Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

The McDonalds All-Day Breakfast Thread

Parking Lot

Old 09-21-2016, 11:49 AM   #16
MTK
\m/

Re: The McDonalds All-Day Breakfast Thread

Unless you're over 70 stay away from the filet o fish, just gross.

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2016, 01:01 PM   #17
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Unless you're over 70 stay away from the filet o fish, just gross.
lol, that's how i've always felt. i have a feeling i'd spit the first bite out and ask for a refund.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:24 AM   #18
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
The McDonalds we usually hit up now is touting all breakfast sandwiches all day...muffins, biscuits and mcgriddles.
When I was working a few months ago I had to be there at 4 am so I would stop by McDonalds becuase by me in Maryland they are open(drive thru) 24 hours. I would stop but then told we are closed for 30 mins to switch over for breakfast,I would always argue that if you have all day breakfast why the need to switch over?F them ,I stay away if I can.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:53 AM   #19
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
When I was working a few months ago I had to be there at 4 am so I would stop by McDonalds becuase by me in Maryland they are open(drive thru) 24 hours. I would stop but then told we are closed for 30 mins to switch over for breakfast,I would always argue that if you have all day breakfast why the need to switch over?F them ,I stay away if I can.
i always wondered that too, how hard is it to make one to order? like, i'll wait for it.

that's why i love jack in the box out here, you can order anything* at any time and they have it ready faster than mcdonald's. if they can do it w ease, what's mcdonald's problem?

*besides their "late night muchies meals", apparently you can only order those between 9pm-5am. but 9pm is my bedtime so i have no problem w that.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:08 PM   #20
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Sonic is the same way. Everything all day.

@Giantone: Not sure why a McD's anymore has to "switch over" when they offer just about everything. I imagine you hit up a superlazy McD's...

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 05:10 PM   #21
MTK
\m/

Switching over involves cleaning the grills when they go from breakfast to lunch. Not sure why they would have to close to do it, unless it's a small restaurant with only one grill I guess, or early in the morning it's not uncommon for them to only have one grill going. If they didn't fire up another one in time it could cause a problem. And of course I'm not sure how they do it these days with the all day breakfast.

Source... I worked at McD's as a teenager.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:13 PM   #22
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Switching over involves cleaning the grills when they go from breakfast to lunch. Not sure why they would have to close to do it, unless it's a small restaurant with only one grill I guess, or early in the morning it's not uncommon for them to only have one grill going. If they didn't fire up another one in time it could cause a problem. And of course I'm not sure how they do it these days with the all day breakfast.

Source... I worked at McD's as a teenager.
how was it, how long did you do it?
Old 09-22-2016, 06:18 PM   #23
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
how was it, how long did you do it?

Just for a couple of summers in high school, it pretty much sucked.
Old 09-22-2016, 06:35 PM   #24
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Just for a couple of summers in high school, it pretty much sucked.
the first job i had in high school was awesome but the second job i started my senior year, i hated it; cashier at giant.

after about 2 weeks i thought about quitting before every single shift. i lasted about 1 year before i finally quit. it was monotonous, mind-numbing, scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag.
Old 09-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #25
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by los panda View Post
the first job i had in high school was awesome but the second job i started my senior year, i hated it; cashier at giant.

after about 2 weeks i thought about quitting before every single shift. i lasted about 1 year before i finally quit. it was monotonous, mind-numbing, scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag scan and bag.
I always thought working in a grocery store would have been the better gig at that age, maybe not.

But at least you didn't go home smelling like grease, pickles, and onions.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:03 PM   #26
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
I always thought working in a grocery store would have been the better gig at that age, maybe not.

But at least you didn't go home smelling like grease, pickles, and onions.
this is true, just the onions of sweaty body odor.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:18 PM   #27
over the mountain
Playmaker

I worked at Popeyes for a few years in high school. It was pretty awesome. Near closing time, the cook would drop some fresh chicken or whatever you wanted bc we got to take home what ever was left at closing time.

On a friday or saturday night i would have 5-20 people waiting for me to get off work (10 -11 pm), i would walk out with 30-40 pieces of chicken, biscuits etc and just put on the hood of a car and watch these stoned drunk kids just devour it.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:51 PM   #28
los panda
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
I worked at Popeyes for a few years in high school. It was pretty awesome. Near closing time, the cook would drop some fresh chicken or whatever you wanted bc we got to take home what ever was left at closing time.

On a friday or saturday night i would have 5-20 people waiting for me to get off work (10 -11 pm), i would walk out with 30-40 pieces of chicken, biscuits etc and just put on the hood of a car and watch these stoned drunk kids just devour it.
that reminds me of my first job, at bill bateman's (to this day the best buffalo wings i've ever had). i would walk there from school, make something to eat and do my hw at one of the tables before clocking in for my shift.

i would eat between 2-3 dozen wings while i was working, then take another 2 dozen home to crush. my parents would pick me up, i wasn't old enough to drive yet - so i couldn't really hook it up.

the hookups came at my 3rd job, after giant i was an assistant manager at chicken out. i would basically hook anyone up that i recognized. we also traded food w other restaurants in the area.

those were the days!