Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Trade for Ogunleye?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-29-2004, 04:46 PM   #16
hi-jinx
Special Teams

Still if I were miami I would offer better than just one year. I think he's worth the risk of a 3 year deal say in the range of 4.5 mil. Ofcourse i can say that because its not MY $4,500,000.
hi-jinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-29-2004, 04:59 PM   #17
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-jinx
Still if I were miami I would offer better than just one year. I think he's worth the risk of a 3 year deal say in the range of 4.5 mil. Ofcourse i can say that because its not MY $4,500,000.
yeah, and it's like he's some over the hill living off of past accomplishments(see Bruce Smith), the guy is like 26-27 years old.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:18 PM   #18
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

he wont sign a 4.5 million dollar deal for one year, he wants atelast a 15 million dollar signing bonus. He thinks he deserves that much as is going to try and makeup for the money he didnt get last year, or this year if no one signs him. Hed be stupid to sit out, no one wants to pay big bucks to a guy that took a year off.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:28 PM   #19
EEich
The Starter

Solid... but he wouldn't have been a pro-bowler without jason taylor on the other side and zack thomas behind him. He's not worth what he thinks he is.
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 05:40 PM   #20
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEich
Solid... but he wouldn't have been a pro-bowler without jason taylor on the other side and zack thomas behind him. He's not worth what he thinks he is.
well it's not like he won't be surrounded by talent here either. but it all depends on not only the contract price he wants but also how much it'd take to get miami to give him up.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:10 PM   #21
hi-jinx
Special Teams

Did I get his stats wrong or did he not play the whole season last year. I kinda remeber he only played 12 games. Is that injury or just didn't play?
hi-jinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:46 PM   #22
EEich
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfanthru&thru
well it's not like he won't be surrounded by talent here either. but it all depends on not only the contract price he wants but also how much it'd take to get miami to give him up.
I disagree... He'll be double teamed most of the time on the Redskins line where he wasn't in Miami because the DL was much more talented. My point was that he's not worth the money he's asking for.
EEich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 10:21 AM   #23
skins93
Camp Scrub

Ogunleye is a stud. Just b/c Taylor is on the other side shouldn't diminish his abilities. A lot of teams have a great DE but how many of them have the other DE lead the AFC in sacks?

This guy was undrafted due to an injury his senior season at Indiana. He comes back and starts in his 2nd year and immediately takes off.

He is on the smaller side but you could say the same about Hugh Douglas.

With him, Daniels and Wynn, I think that would be a great rotation that could supply some much needed pass rush. I would say it's a sure thing that he gets at least 10 sacks next year...
skins93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:11 AM   #24
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Sorry. I don't think he's worth the price he would cost regardless of his talent. Maybe I am wrong, but I have seen nothing to indicate that he is a "game changer". For the money he is demanding and the trade price Miami will be demanding, it seems to me the player has to be that kind of stellar.

Also IMHO, although the same could have been said about Portis, the rules are the rules. For the first four years of your career you belong to the team that first signed you UNLESS you are sooooo good that you can convince someone to pay you big bucks and give up a first and third when you become an RFA.

If Ogunlewe follows the rules and is really as good as he thinks he is, sign the tender, buy yourself a huge injury insurance policy, play the year out, and then cash in as a UFA. If he is willing to sit out now rather than sign his tender, play his ass off, and set himself up for next year, then two things are true: First, he is an idiot b/c his cash value goes down unless he lights it up the last six games and, second, he ain't the kinda guy I want on my team.

If we really really want him. Wait a year and get him at a reduced cost on the UFA market. If he actually sits out, we could probably outbid everybody next year and still not pay as much as he is demanding now.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:25 AM   #25
MTK
\m/

His price tag is way too high and he's had the benefit of playing with Jason Taylor on the other side. He seems like this years' Peerless Price. A good #2 guy who thinks he's a #1.
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:27 AM   #26
Carnage
Special Teams

That's an apt analogy. You can't judge a player in a vacuum. If a player lines up opposite Jason Talyor or Eric Moulds you can't just look at the stats.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 02:32 AM   #27
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I call it the "Barry Wilburn Theory". How did this guy get 9 interceptions one season? Well, because people were throwing at him all the time rather than challenge #28 on the other side
Old 05-02-2004, 11:31 AM   #28
Carnage
Special Teams

Lets hope that doesn't become the Fred Smoot theory too.
Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004, 06:52 PM   #29
bedlamVR
Special Teams

Nah people were challenging Bailey all the time too he looked very human at times last year..
bedlamVR is offline   Reply With Quote