Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

DirecTV vs. cable

Parking Lot

Old 07-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #91
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Re: DirecTV vs. cable

OTM, thats good news. Next time I'm negotiating my cable I'm going to give you a call!

Advertisements
Old 07-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #92
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
update:

apparently the direc tv guy told my lady that he knows a guy who works for comcast and can set us up quickly.

i called him and apparently comcast has special regional sales agents who handle local accounts. why this info is not widely known or used i am not sure.

he is hooking us up with a better package than the comcast one we were signed up for before, waiving installation fees, throwing in all premium channels for as long as i have comcast and giving me a $100 credit (since i am leaving direc tv).

the catch is that it is a 2 yr contract with a starting $240 early termination fee which gets reduced by $15 every month i keep comcast (after 12 mos = early termination fee is 240 - 130 = 110)
Wow, that's a pretty good deal!
Old 07-08-2014, 07:29 PM   #93
JPPT1974
Special Teams

I am on Direct TV for the Sunday Football Ticket Experience!
Old 07-09-2014, 06:50 AM   #94
mlmdub130
Playmaker

So I tried to get home to watch the World Cup game yesterday. Got home about 35 minutes through the first half and about 5 goals from Germany. Kinda salty I missed it all, but figured if just watch the replay at 8pm. Well a little storm passed through right at 8pm last night and I lost service for the first 30 minutes of the game. Sometimes I realllllly hate directv. And as a customer for close to a decade now, it seems like it loses pictures way easier than it used to.

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:41 AM   #95
skinsguy
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
So I tried to get home to watch the World Cup game yesterday. Got home about 35 minutes through the first half and about 5 goals from Germany. Kinda salty I missed it all, but figured if just watch the replay at 8pm. Well a little storm passed through right at 8pm last night and I lost service for the first 30 minutes of the game. Sometimes I realllllly hate directv. And as a customer for close to a decade now, it seems like it loses pictures way easier than it used to.
I'm curious, do you just have your DirecTV channels set to show the HD channels only? What I have done in the past is that when I know a rain storm is coming (and often my satellite will go out with a heavy downpour) I'll switch to the SD version of the channel. Those SD versions don't go out like the HD versions do. Better to switch to the lower quality than to miss a game or a show altogether.