Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Introducing Myself

Parking Lot

Old 02-01-2014, 01:43 AM   #1
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Introducing Myself

Hello everyone, just joined. I moved from California to Virginia in 2012. I will follow and support the Redskins even though I have been a 49er fan for 40 years. My name is Bob, "Buffalo Bob" was a nickname laid on me in College for being able to easily out eat everyone else on the football team. Been a member of the 49er Webzone for 5 years but became sick of all the complaining about the officials and the supposed cheating of the Seahawks. Looking for a new football forum to hang out on to get away from the sore losers. Anything to watch out for? Noticed a few guys got banned lately and their posts didn't look too bad to me. Does this place dry up in the off season? Noticed a lot of threads that haven't had any recent posts.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-01-2014, 02:16 AM   #2
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Re: Introducing Myself

Hi Bob. I think you'll find out quickly that fans around the league are pretty much the same. Illogical and emotional train wrecks. Our fans will be wanting a coach fired by half-time or a guy cut for missing a play. It's the nature of the beast unfortunately. You don't have to follow or cheer for the Redskins while on this board. We have some Lions/Cowboys/Giants fans that stop in to chat. The guys that got banned, well, there last few posts weren't all that bad, but they've been responsible for some serious drivel in the past. It's pretty rare when people get banned from here, but when they do, it's usually for spamming the board. Just don't post nudes, be respectful and you won't have any issues.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:42 AM   #3
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Hello everyone, just joined. I moved from California to Virginia in 2012. I will follow and support the Redskins even though I have been a 49er fan for 40 years. My name is Bob, "Buffalo Bob" was a nickname laid on me in College for being able to easily out eat everyone else on the football team. Been a member of the 49er Webzone for 5 years but became sick of all the complaining about the officials and the supposed cheating of the Seahawks. Looking for a new football forum to hang out on to get away from the sore losers. Anything to watch out for? Noticed a few guys got banned lately and their posts didn't look too bad to me. Does this place dry up in the off season? Noticed a lot of threads that haven't had any recent posts.
Kind of like a Goat eh?

Say what's your handle over on the 49ers site? I know some people over there.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #4
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I am Bob S. on the 49er Webzone. Since I moved to Virginia I have watched or when working listened to all the Redskin games. Funny NC you mention fans wanting a coach fired at half time, I did that once, but I believe it to be justified. 2002 play-offs 49ers down 28-6 against the Bucs. 49er ball on own 40, :35 left and 3 timeouts. Coach Mariucci has QB Jeff Garcia take a knee. I was livid, too me that is like surrendering with half the game left. When I told web zoners to stop crying about the refs and complaining about Seattle cheating, that they are simply a better team I got a boat load of nasty private messages. It got really bad. Another pet peeve over there is the young guys comparing QB stats from the present to the distant past and saying guys like Sonny Jurgensen do not belong in the hall of fame. This happens over and over as I explain the difference in the rules 30-40 years ago compared to now. I just get the snide comments about being an old man who always thinks players from the old days were better.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:10 PM   #5
Alvin Walton
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
Kind of like a Goat eh?

Say what's your handle over on the 49ers site? I know some people over there.
LOL.....detective Matty on the job.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post

First Welcome! In regards to the bold, we are coming off one of if not the worst season record-wise in Skins' history after a season where we won the division. Alot of expectations were built and we failed miserably in a quite frankly weak division. I think right now alot of fans are a little tired from a tough season which is still not over. In the past, its been anything but dry in the off season.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #7
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Haven't been on as much lately but not because of football because of work
Old 02-01-2014, 03:59 PM   #8
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
[/B]

First Welcome! In regards to the bold, we are coming off one of if not the worst season record-wise in Skins' history after a season where we won the division. Alot of expectations were built and we failed miserably in a quite frankly weak division. I think right now alot of fans are a little tired from a tough season which is still not over. In the past, its been anything but dry in the off season.
I felt some of the pain as I bet a Cowboy fan the Redskins would win more games than them this season. As a secondary Redskin fan and a long time 49er fan I have 2 reasons to hate the Cowboys. As far as 3-13 the defense did not improve and the offense did not match what it did in 2012. The dynamic offense died with Griffin's knee injury. Pretty obvious he played too long against Seattle in the play-off loss and came back too soon this year.
I blame Shanahan for that, all young guys think they are indestructible. It was up to Shanahan to do what was right for Robert's future and the future of the team and he screwed that up and was reluctant to admit it Who knows
if Griffin is permanently damaged or just needs more time to heal. Was last season a result of the coaches restricting Griffin for fear of re-injury, Robert being too careful, or the knee still needs more time to heal? Who knows?
Old 02-01-2014, 10:35 PM   #9
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Do the 49ers have any free agents in 2014 that could benefit the Redskins?
Old 02-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #10
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
Do the 49ers have any free agents in 2014 that could benefit the Redskins?
WR Anquan Boldin: rumors are he won't be resigned.

S Donte Whitner: probably will be resigned

CB Tarell Brown: rumors are they let him walk

CB Eric Wright: likely to be resigned