Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

bailey or taylor

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-27-2004, 04:06 PM   #1
jasonskin
Special Teams

bailey or taylor

Who will be a better player Bailey or Taylor.I am going to give the edge to bailey because of the experience.But taylo definatele has the chance to become someone special.It's nice to have a another playmaker in are secondary.
jasonskin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-27-2004, 04:11 PM   #2
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

I'll predict that by the end of next season Taylor jerseys (I'm just waiting for the number to be announced and I'll get mine) will be the best seller.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 04:22 PM   #3
cpayne5
Playmaker

I think Taylor become more of a big play DB, while Bailey will be the shut down corner that he always has been. I think we're better off with Taylor/ Springs/ Portis than we would be with Bailey/ Second Rounder/ RB by committee.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 04:26 PM   #4
Defensewins
Playmaker

It is difficult to compare them since they play diffrent positions. Like comparing apples and oranges. They are both great.
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 04:28 PM   #5
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins
It is difficult to compare them since they play diffrent positions. Like comparing apples and oranges. They are both great.
Yeah, that's why I kinda just predicted who we will be better off with.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:28 PM   #6
beg8878
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpayne5
I think Taylor become more of a big play DB, while Bailey will be the shut down corner that he always has been. I think we're better off with Taylor/ Springs/ Portis than we would be with Bailey/ Second Rounder/ RB by committee.

it wouldn't have been Bailey/2nd rd/Rb committee.

it could have been Bailey/Taylor (we still had that #5 pick)/ and a RB picked in round 2

closer, but I am still happy with what he have instead
beg8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 04:40 PM   #7
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Taylor is more of a play maker. Bailey does all the things that dont put up stats, and hes the best at it. People dont throw to Baileys side of the field and hes more likely to bat the ball, and take the safer route. But right now you have to say that Bailey is the better player because Taylor hasnt played yet and Bailey has been to a bunch of probowls.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:41 PM   #8
Skins fan 44
Impact Rookie

I still wish we has Deion. LOL
Old 04-27-2004, 04:52 PM   #9
offiss

I say without hesitation TAYLOR, I think taylor is a apecial kind of player, I do not think that of bailey, he's good not great, I expect taylor to be great.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:46 PM   #10
]<ing
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINSnCANES
Taylor is more of a play maker. Bailey does all the things that dont put up stats, and hes the best at it. People dont throw to Baileys side of the field and hes more likely to bat the ball, and take the safer route. But right now you have to say that Bailey is the better player because Taylor hasnt played yet and Bailey has been to a bunch of probowls.
Am I the only one that watched Bailey get ABUSED REPEATEDLY last season? Granted, everyone on the team had a down year, and we had no pass rush, but he got raped repeatedly. Don't get me wrong, I like Bailey, and would much rather play with him than against, but also I think he's bennefitted from a media and fan base that loves him.

I also think it's telling that Norv Turner (the man that DRAFTED Bailey), went at him repeatedly on the winning drive against them last season. When his nuts were on the line, he went AT Bailey to win the game, and it worked to perfection. He has his strengths and weaknesses, and I'd say he's in the 95% of the league at his position -- but I wouldn't call him the best.

My $.02
]<ing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 05:48 PM   #11
cpayne5
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beg8878
it wouldn't have been Bailey/2nd rd/Rb committee.

it could have been Bailey/Taylor (we still had that #5 pick)/ and a RB picked in round 2

closer, but I am still happy with what he have instead
Oversight. Forgot to add another '/' in there. My apologies.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:02 PM   #12
Ghost
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by offiss
I say without hesitation TAYLOR, I think taylor is a apecial kind of player, I do not think that of bailey, he's good not great, I expect taylor to be great.
My thoughts exactly. Someone will probably bite my head off for saying this, but I think Bailey is overrated just a little bit. Taylor should be better in terms of his impact on any given game.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 06:21 PM   #13
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think Canes is right when he says that right now Bailey is the better player. Taylor it appears will have a remarkable career. But BAiley is a proven pro-bowler. As for him having a bad year last year, keep in mind he played with a broken wrist most of the season and yet he never missed a game or even practice
Old 04-27-2004, 06:37 PM   #14
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

as far as playmaking ability i gotta go with taylor. whereas with bailey, u knew he did his job when he wasn't mentioned in a highlight reel. but i'd easily take our current lineup over bailey being here when he didn't want to be and no perinnial probowl running back in portis. plus i honestly think that if bailey had stuck around it would have increased the odds of us drafting winslow or trading down to get a d-lineman and possibly stephen jackson or kevin jones.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote