Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #1
SBXVII
Franchise Player

re: Some Things Never Change (WP:RI Article)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlmdub130 View Post
dirtbag noticed you skipped the 3rd pick, pretty sure we don't have a 6th either as of now, might be the 7th though can't remember
We gave up our 3rd to get Jeremy Jarmin in the Supplimental draft prior to this year. Basically got a Rookie a year earlier to get experience for a year. Finally Cerrato did something right.
SBXVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #2
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBXVII View Post
We gave up our 3rd to get Jeremy Jarmin in the Supplimental draft prior to this year. Basically got a Rookie a year earlier to get experience for a year. Finally Cerrato did something right.
yeah i know and i actually think that was a good move but i'm pretty sure we don't have a 6th either this year

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Defensewins
Playmaker

I really think Redskins fans are so used to losing now that as long as the team does not get blown out they will step off the "fire Vinny" gas pedal. I think it already has happened.
What is it that keeps Vinny employed? What!
Vinny has been with the Redskins for 10 years or so. Why?
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:03 PM   #4
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
I really think Redskins fans are so used to losing now that as long as the team does not get blown out they will step off the "fire Vinny" gas pedal. I think it already has happened.
What is it that keeps Vinny employed? What!
Vinny has been with the Redskins for 10 years or so. Why?
because after suckin ass in san fran for a while and setting that franchise back a decade he was hired by dan snyder as a puppet

ST21
Old 12-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #5
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Any possibility Snyder is in contact with his future HC and they have made suggestions that they wouldn't mind having these two QB's? So Snyder/Cerrato go out and "Scout" them out. Maybe even speak with them to see if they could work with said HC?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
Any possibility Snyder is in contact with his future HC and they have made suggestions that they wouldn't mind having these two QB's? So Snyder/Cerrato go out and "Scout" them out. Maybe even speak with them to see if they could work with said HC?
possibly. and possibly that should be the new gm's job

ST21
Old 12-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
possibly. and possibly that should be the new gm's job
Your failing to remember our team does things ass backwards. Instead of getting the HC and letting him pick up his OC, Snyder went out and picked up the OC and tried to look for a HC.

So I wouldn't put it past them to try a new tactic....have a QB in mind and bring in a HC, whether the QB fits the system or not.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #8
mlmdub130
Playmaker

it's jason taylor kicking us in the ass again miami has our 6th, thats what i thought

ST21
Old 12-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #9
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Quote:
it's jason taylor kicking us in the ass again miami has our 6th, thats what i thought
#1- I thought we were done with the J.Taylor issue. I thought last year was the year they took our picks.

#2- If I'm wrong, then I would argue it really doesn't matter for two reasons:

A- 6th is pretty low on the draft board so unless you get a lucky pick they will usually amount to camp fodder.

B- Dirtbag has us picking up a Kicker. As we all know we picked up our future Kicker this week so we can lose that pick.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #10
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
#1- I thought we were done with the J.Taylor issue. I thought last year was the year they took our picks.

#2- If I'm wrong, then I would argue it really doesn't matter for two reasons:

A- 6th is pretty low on the draft board so unless you get a lucky pick they will usually amount to camp fodder.

B- Dirtbag has us picking up a Kicker. As we all know we picked up our future Kicker this week so we can lose that pick.
indeed we can,i was being sarcastic earlier and honsetly couldn't remember which pick we had given up, we really need a sarcastic emoticon

ST21
Old 12-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #11
mlmdub130
Playmaker

and btw they do have our 6th this year

ST21
Old 12-10-2009, 12:01 AM   #12
SBXVII
Franchise Player

I said it once and will say it again. We have 4 games left. 4 games to start the chant "Fire Vinny now." 4 games left to put any kind of pressure through the media on Snyder to fire VC.

I just wish people would stop with the "Sell the team Danny" and go with the "Fire Vinny now" theme. There is no possible way DS will sell the team with it making money. None. But you could put pressure on him to let VC go.

I think all of us would agree if VC is still being employed by Snyder then VC will have his hands in the till. As much as I would like to believe VC could be put into a roll of only handling contracts and maybe being a part of the welcome wagon, it would not happen.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:10 AM   #13
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Quote:
I said it once and will say it again. We have 4 games left. 4 games to start the chant "Fire Vinny now." 4 games left to put any kind of pressure through the media on Snyder to fire VC.

I just wish people would stop with the "Sell the team Danny" and go with the "Fire Vinny now" theme. There is no possible way DS will sell the team with it making money. None. But you could put pressure on him to let VC go.

I think all of us would agree if VC is still being employed by Snyder then VC will have his hands in the till. As much as I would like to believe VC could be put into a roll of only handling contracts and maybe being a part of the welcome wagon, it would not happen.
right there with you, have you not seen the new signs

http://www.thewarpath.net/redskins-l...boy-dc-23.html

ST21
Old 12-10-2009, 07:25 AM   #14
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Well, if it's any consolation...and I know it won't be to many, I checked and the game that Snyder and Cerrato "scouted" was Kansas at Texas on Nov. 21. There were a few other owners at the game as well (though I don't know who exactly). Anyway, they didn't go down there to do any scouting. They were watching a college football game...take a look at the Redskins schedule and see who they were playing the next day and then you'll see why Snyder and Cerrato were there.
Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #15
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Well, if it's any consolation...and I know it won't be to many, I checked and the game that Snyder and Cerrato "scouted" was Kansas at Texas on Nov. 21. There were a few other owners at the game as well (though I don't know who exactly). Anyway, they didn't go down there to do any scouting. They were watching a college football game...take a look at the Redskins schedule and see who they were playing the next day and then you'll see why Snyder and Cerrato were there.
Thanks for that. Personally I feel a lot better after that post. I was under the impression that it was the Big 12 championship. I thought maybe thats why McCoy struggled. He was more scared of playing behind the Redskins "playoff caliber" O-Line then he was of Nebraska's monster, currently known as Suh. I guess in the end it was uh, nothing more then a, you know, mental thing.

Quote:
Only to have it go wrong.

Quote:
dirtbag noticed you skipped the 3rd pick, pretty sure we don't have a 6th either as of now, might be the 7th though can't remember
I guess the only thing to do now is remove the WR and put the kicker as the 7th round pick.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote