Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Debating with the enemy

Ukraine mega thread

Debating with the enemy

Old 02-26-2022, 06:46 PM   #361
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Hey there's about to be a war in Ukraine.

JHC, the fucking GOP is a mess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://twitter.com/metzgov/status/1...e%3Fpage%3D259

@SenTuberville
claims Putin is invading Ukraine because Russia is a communist country that needs more land.

“He can’t feed his people,” said Tuberville. “It’s a communist country, so he can’t feed his people, so they need more farmland.”

Advertisements
Old 02-27-2022, 09:23 AM   #362
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Probably could’ve put this under media bias but since it is about Putin put it here.
https://apple.news/AtwDtJwv0SrmRTJnBlT0yHw

Headline says Trump praises Putin. In the article the only quote from Trump is Putin is smart. Is that praise? That is like saying Aaron Rodgers is good at football. So stupid and disappointed in CNN
Old 02-27-2022, 09:45 AM   #363
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Russia military is getting embarrassed again. This isn’t going according to plan.

I heard Russia and Ukraine are moving towards peace talks at Belarus border which is a good thing

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 10:53 AM   #364
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Probably could’ve put this under media bias but since it is about Putin put it here.

Headline says Trump praises Putin. In the article the only quote from Trump is Putin is smart. Is that praise? That is like saying Aaron Rodgers is good at football. So stupid and disappointed in CNN
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 11:16 AM   #365
Giantone
Gamebreaker

JHC, trump sheep up his ass again. The man invades a Country with no provocation from anyone, killing innocent people and trump calls him smart, and none of you think there is a problem with that???
Old 02-27-2022, 11:26 AM   #366
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Have we heard from any of the other former Presidents calling out Biden and throwing praise on Putin?

https://www.npr.org/2022/02/23/10826...s-putins-moves

trump is a traitor to this Country as is any one that still believes in him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2024210.html

Trump calls the US a ‘stupid country’ and praises Putin as ‘smart’ in latest Ukraine comments
Former president doubles down on praise of Putin even as Russia presses on with invasion
Old 02-27-2022, 12:14 PM   #367
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:

Yes, that is praise. At times one can praise/admire ones enemies (ie the Brits and Rommel) and not be supportive, but given the timing and previous history (of Trump interactions with Putin) it does lend to the perception that Trump is supportive of Putin. (Frankly I think he actually is supportive of Putin).
nonniey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 02:43 PM   #368
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonniey View Post
Yes, that is praise. At times one can praise/admire ones enemies (ie the Brits and Rommel) and not be supportive, but given the timing and previous history (of Trump interactions with Putin) it does lend to the perception that Trump is supportive of Putin. (Frankly I think he actually is supportive of Putin).
I can agree that he is supportive of Putin. I still have a hard time viewing the term "smart" as praise. I also agree with the concept that it has to be taken in context of the timing and previous comments. I was expecting the article to continue with Trump saying "the way he attacked was smart" or "his use of disinformation was smart".

This is good value to the conversation and I appreciate the way you discuss things in this thread unlike G1 whose approach is a 4 yr old getting potty trained. Pissing all over the place and never hitting the mark.
Old 02-27-2022, 02:53 PM   #369
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Not talking specifically about Trump saying it. But to me saying someone is smart doesn't mean you like them, agree them on anything, think they can't be evil motherfuckers, can't do dumb ass shit, etc.

I think everyone here is that talks regularly about politics is smart, but shit, I don't agree with 95% of it.

Obviously, declaring war on Ukraine is a smidgen different than Command Post political threads, but it's still relative.
Old 02-27-2022, 03:56 PM   #370
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Will we see a Berlin Airlift situation in Kiev?? Will Ukraine be divided East and West like Germany?

I see the only political solution out of this as a divided Ukraine, West Ukraine in NATO, East Ukraine in the Russian sphere. That would mean Putin gets Odessa, and the manufacturing section of Ukraine, Ukraine gets the security of the NATO Alliance.

The argument I could see against this is that Putin won't accept NATO that close, but IF the Ukraine forces can bog the Russian Army down enough that Russia can't force a political change, he may see that as rebuilding the Russian Empire.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 04:30 PM   #371
nonniey
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Will we see a Berlin Airlift situation in Kiev?? Will Ukraine be divided East and West like Germany?

I see the only political solution out of this as a divided Ukraine, West Ukraine in NATO, East Ukraine in the Russian sphere. That would mean Putin gets Odessa, and the manufacturing section of Ukraine, Ukraine gets the security of the NATO Alliance.

The argument I could see against this is that Putin won't accept NATO that close, but IF the Ukraine forces can bog the Russian Army down enough that Russia can't force a political change, he may see that as rebuilding the Russian Empire.

Huh????
Old 02-27-2022, 04:47 PM   #372
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
I can agree that he is supportive of Putin. I still have a hard time viewing the term "smart" as praise. I also agree with the concept that it has to be taken in context of the timing and previous comments. I was expecting the article to continue with Trump saying "the way he attacked was smart" or "his use of disinformation was smart".

This is good value to the conversation and I appreciate the way you discuss things in this thread unlike G1 whose approach is a 4 yr old getting potty trained. Pissing all over the place and never hitting the mark.
LOL, yup trump is a child so I will respond to his followers in the same since they seem to try and convince everyone what he said he didn't mean or the World took it the wrong way, fuck that, enough is enough. Everyone needs to condemn what is going on ,end of discussion.
Old 02-27-2022, 04:50 PM   #373
nonniey
The Starter

27 Feb Assessment.

https://www.understandingwar.org/bac...nt-february-27
Old 02-27-2022, 07:07 PM   #374
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://babylonbee.com/news/mysterio...skys-testicles

Mysterious Large Circles On Russian Radar Turn Out To Be President Zelensky's Massive Testicles

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 07:22 PM   #375
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://babylonbee.com/news/mysterio...skys-testicles

Mysterious Large Circles On Russian Radar Turn Out To Be President Zelensky's Massive Testicles
And fuck their vodka. The one thing they're actually useful for.

https://nypost.com/2022/02/26/russia...liquor-stores/