Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #301
rypper11
The Starter

Re: We've got big trouble on the OL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINS4ever View Post
I'm really not that big on those reserve free agent right tackles the Redskins have bought in the past few days. I understand Mike Shanahan wanting to give Jammal Brown the benefit of the doubt. He gave him a chance to get healthy, and Brown's hip remains a lingering problem. Within the first few days of free agency, Bruce Allen should have signed a quality right tackle. Willie Smith and Tyler Polumbus both did play well last year down the stretch, but the question is how capable are they both playing once the games count after preseason. Let's hope Shanahan didn't make a miscalculation by not cutting Brown.
How? With the sanctions his hands were tied a little. And who?

Advertisements
Old 08-05-2012, 11:14 PM   #302
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypper11 View Post
How? With the sanctions his hands were tied a little. And who?
They did draft a tackle in the 6th round. But they still gave too much leeway to Brown. Mike Shanahan surely could have thought of the strong possibility that this man's hip wasn't going to ever heal. And through all of the rehab and the yoga, his hip didn't. That's a bad miscalculation by the head coach. Shanahan does think highly of Polumbus, but is Polumbus 16 game starting material? They should've gone after Bruce Campbell or perhaps made a trade. Now they are scrambling no names into camp to cover a position that doesn't look too solid at present.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:26 PM   #303
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
They did draft a tackle in the 6th round. But they still gave too much leeway to Brown. Mike Shanahan surely could have thought of the strong possibility that this man's hip wasn't going to ever heal. And through all of the rehab and the yoga, his hip didn't. That's a bad miscalculation by the head coach. Shanahan does think highly of Polumbus, but is Polumbus 16 game starting material? They should've gone after Bruce Campbell or perhaps made a trade. Now they are scrambling no names into camp to cover a position that doesn't look too solid at present.
Let Smith and Polumbus play the exhibition games before we say they can't play. Both showed promise and improvement last year (especially Smith) I'll panic after the 4th exhibition game if they both suck.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 08-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #304
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

The Redskins front office appears to have thrown all of its eggs into one basket concerning Jammal Brown. Mike Shanahan said earlier in the off season that Jammal Brown was going to have to prove that he can stay healthy in order to be able to make the team. I'm not saying that Willie Smith or Tyler Polumbus can't do a good enough job at right tackle. All I'm saying is considering the fact that Brown's injury hasn't healed and he's ended up on IR two years straight and hasn't played a full season since he's been in Washington is cause enough for the Redskins front office to have acquired a decent tackle to man the right side earlier this offseason.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #305
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
I definitely buy the theory that he's holding the ball for the purpose of learning his progressions. That's why it's called practice.
Good point. It's (too) easy to get anxious about a report like that but then we gotta stop and think...
Old 08-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #306
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
They should've gone after Bruce Campbell or perhaps made a trade. Now they are scrambling no names into camp to cover a position that doesn't look too solid at present.
Dafuq?? Bruce Campbell? The guy who has done absolutely nothing in his time so far in the NFL? You mean that proven guy?...lol

No namers? So we should only bring in guys that are popular and recognized by the majority of the fan base?...lol Yeah, guys like you would have never have brought in a guy like Arian Foster, London Fletcher, Wes Welker, or Rod Smith. (list continues) All "no names".

Guess since we hear Mel Kiper pump up Bruce Campbell as a 1st round prospect, he must be the real deal!!
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #307
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Hey all - my first post on the warpath - just got booted from extreme skins for "speaking out" about this issue - what a breath of fresh air to see that you are not all homers afraid to speak out against the man. lol - now that i got that off my chest - im keeping my fingers crossed that we pull something together - heard gettis is looking good in camp - need Leribeus to step up and Trent to have a BREAKOUT year. What are your thought on the Cousins pick - im of the school of thought we should have gone after an olineman there - kelemete was projected as a good ZBS fit....
Old 08-06-2012, 01:23 PM   #308
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Hey all - my first post on the warpath - just got booted from extreme skins for "speaking out" about this issue - what a breath of fresh air to see that you are not all homers afraid to speak out against the man. lol - now that i got that off my chest - im keeping my fingers crossed that we pull something together - heard gettis is looking good in camp - need Leribeus to step up and Trent to have a BREAKOUT year. What are your thought on the Cousins pick - im of the school of thought we should have gone after an olineman there - kelemete was projected as a good ZBS fit....
You don't have to try and squeeze all your thoughts into one post, but otherwise, welcome to the boards!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #309
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
You don't have to try and squeeze all your thoughts into one post, but otherwise, welcome to the boards!
sorry my computer was at 8% and not plugged in .......lol
thanks!
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #310
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
His name is "punch it in".

Welcome to the board. We welcome the banned from ES.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #311
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
The Cousins pick doesnt bother me; young, back up QB was another need and in the 4th, value was there. The Leribeus pick should have been the Tackle pick imo, McRib mighta been there in the 5th.

Thanks for your actively, refreshing post.

He Gets Us
Old 08-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #312
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Thumbs up Re: We've got big trouble on the OL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeydad View Post
His name is "punch it in".

Welcome to the board. We welcome the banned from ES.
Hah - thanks Monkeydad.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #313
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The Cousins pick doesnt bother me; young, back up QB was another need and in the 4th, value was there. The Leribeus pick should have been the Tackle pick imo, McRib mighta been there in the 5th.

Thanks for your actively, refreshing post.
Yeah im not totally bothered by it - Mo Hurt is coming along - and I think next year in draft and fa we go after DB's and OLINE - Rome wasnt built in a day - man am i hoping we got a good enough line that RG-3 dont get killed this year - i think we will be fine ...
Old 08-06-2012, 05:12 PM   #314
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Welcome.

I have zero issues with the cousins pick. We can't keep Rex forever, and might as well bring in a quality guy (in terms of talent) to learn to be the backup. Who knows, with a little luck he can be a pre-season super star and we flip him like the Eagles do their QBs.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
Old 08-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #315
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Welcome.

I have zero issues with the cousins pick. We can't keep Rex forever, and might as well bring in a quality guy (in terms of talent) to learn to be the backup. Who knows, with a little luck he can be a pre-season super star and we flip him like the Eagles do their QBs.
That was my first thought when we drafted him. Maybe we could flip him to the cowboys and it will work out for them like the cardinals and kolb. Lol. Oh and thanks.
Closed Thread