Re: Let's talk good beer

Give me your favorite session beer...gotta do some day drinking coming up

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Session? Hmmmm. You're in Richmond...my normal session beers comes out of Delaware (Mispillion River Reach Around and Space Otter are my normal sessions).

Lagunitas 12th of Never and Founders All Day IPA are 2 good sessions. OB Pinner (which I'm not a fan of) is another good session. FW Easy Jack. Those would be the ones I gravitate to.

Not sure what Triple Crossing (Looks like Paranoid Aledroid is ready to roll in cans, as well as some good low ABV beers on tap ) and The Answer has to go.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Session? Hmmmm. You're in Richmond...my normal session beers comes out of Delaware (Mispillion River Reach Around and Space Otter are my normal sessions).

Lagunitas 12th of Never and Founders All Day IPA are 2 good sessions. OB Pinner (which I'm not a fan of) is another good session. FW Easy Jack. Those would be the ones I gravitate to.

Not sure what Triple Crossing (Looks like Paranoid Aledroid is ready to roll in cans, as well as some good low ABV beers on tap ) and The Answer has to go.
WOrd...yeah Triple crossing...been a couple months since I rolled through. Probably check them. Founders is solid

He Gets Us
Old 08-20-2017, 12:51 PM   #4
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Had a sixtle of evolution lot #3 And am a little disappointed.................that no one told me about it sooner. One of my new favs. Wish some of you maryland heads would have told me about it sooner. Haha
Old 08-20-2017, 10:41 PM   #5
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Lot 3 is ok. I prefer Nanticoke Nectar to Lot 3 for MD IPAs but Lot 3 is good. I like their DIPA Lot 6.

Made my way to Other Half yesterday on my way to NXT Takeover. Tried 4 different beers and they were all on point. My fave being Double Citra Daydream. If you are in the city and have the time, make your way over there.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
Old 08-21-2017, 07:03 PM   #6
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Lot 3 is ok. I prefer Nanticoke Nectar to Lot 3 for MD IPAs but Lot 3 is good. I like their DIPA Lot 6.

Made my way to Other Half yesterday on my way to NXT Takeover. Tried 4 different beers and they were all on point. My fave being Double Citra Daydream. If you are in the city and have the time, make your way over there.
A distributor t hats a mile or so away has lot 6 in a sixtle. One ledt, I think...and I just happened to have kicked my last one. Looks like it's time to go out and spend some of my hard earned money tomorrow..
Old 08-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #7
over the mountain
Playmaker

Lot 3 - for whatever reason i just dont try certain breweries until there is a tasting somewhere. Lot 3 and Evolution have good ratings but ive just never pulled the trigger. im gonna try the lot 3 next time. When i am looking for a solid, fresh, crushable MD ipa, I just grab a sixer of 51 rye almost every week.

I tried some new beers:

Descheutes The Abyss 2016 reserve - i really enjoyed it. Its just oak barrel aged so there is no bourbon or whiskey influence. The "reserve" version is (I think) an 85 on BA but the regular Abyss is in the 90s. I tried looking up the diff and went to descheutes website but didnt see anything. I am guessing the regular Abyss is blend of 50% oak barrel aged, 8% pinot noir barrel aged, maybe some percent bourbon BA etc ... where as the "reserve" i think is just a blend of 50% of teh oak BA that is left over and non BA abyss stout.

Really looking forwarding to trying the regular abyss but the reserve wasnt bad, a little cost inhibitive at $19 for a 22 oz.

Founders imperial stout - ive seen this beer on the shelves but just never pulled the trigger. really good, had a few bottles from 2016, very mealy for a stout that wasnt cellared for a few years. thick, really liked it. Like their breakfast stout on steroids wout the oatmeal.

petrus sour BA - decent, solid sour. I will be getting it if im looking for a sour and nothing special is on the shelves.
Old 08-28-2017, 07:33 AM   #8
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

I opted against the lot 6, And went on a whim with a local brewery to me. Saucony creek. The brew is unicorns riding pogosticks (while eating jelly donuts) .....i couldn't make that up. Really rich creamy ne ipa. Super juicy. Up to this point I'd say it's my favorite beer. Never had anything this hazy. It's ridiculous.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:27 AM   #9
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
I opted against the lot 6, And went on a whim with a local brewery to me. Saucony creek. The brew is unicorns riding pogosticks (while eating jelly donuts) .....i couldn't make that up. Really rich creamy ne ipa. Super juicy. Up to this point I'd say it's my favorite beer. Never had anything this hazy. It's ridiculous.
Had to go find it on Untappd since they don't have it listed on their website:
https://untappd.com/b/saucony-creek-...ghnuts/2246131

Looks amazeballs and 2 weeks old (loaded into Untappd 8/16). Sounds like you got a winner. Always nice to find a local place making great beer. Here in Frederick we have several. My fave right now is Attaboy Beer and their Creek Life Pale hopped with Citra.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #10
over the mountain
Playmaker

Saucony creek - brewer is from Russian River and a portion of proceeds go to a water preservation effort. Outside of their regular rotation IPA, i havent seen much else form them in MD.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:10 AM   #11
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Hardywood brewery last night...forgot how dank he gingerbread stout is...kicked my ass. Great return IPA not bad...little light on the bitterness.

He Gets Us
Old 09-15-2017, 11:09 AM   #12
TheMalcolmConnection
I like big (_|_)s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Hardywood brewery last night...forgot how dank he gingerbread stout is...kicked my ass. Great return IPA not bad...little light on the bitterness.
Oh, that shit is WAY too smooth. I think it's almost ten percent. I remember we went there and got a growler, came home and split it. Wasted.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:29 PM   #13
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMalcolmConnection View Post
Oh, that shit is WAY too smooth. I think it's almost ten percent. I remember we went there and got a growler, came home and split it. Wasted.
i had like 2 or 3 ipa and felt like i needed a change up. got the gingerbread stout....took a sip and was like ohhhhh that's right...this is a triple IPA/barlywine in a stout costume. i think its over 10%...dangerous level

I almost fucked a big gurl cause of it....

He Gets Us
Old 09-01-2017, 04:31 PM   #14
over the mountain
Playmaker

Manor Hill IPA - changed the can label to a white background ... but the recipe tastes different/better imo. I didnt find anything on the internet.
Old 09-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #15
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
Manor Hill IPA - changed the can label to a white background ... but the recipe tastes different/better imo. I didnt find anything on the internet.
New Head Brewer. Had Hidden Hopyard 9 (pretty good) and No Sleeves (turrible) from a release not too long ago.

Citra Splendor is also in 12oz cans in regular rotation.