Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #11
SBXVII
Franchise Player

Re: Around the NFL...Week 7 Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
There's no chance the bears fire Smith, he is a winner every year almost.

Romo isn't leaving Dallas he's only 32 and is pretty damn good
You might be right about Smith, although there have been others with winning records that have been fired cause they couldn't get over the hump....ie; Schottenheimer and the Chargers.

But....I'll politely dissagree with you in regards to Romo. He was decent maybe the first two or three yrs but it seems to me that teams have his number and that is if you rush him or if he has to play catch up he seems to fail. It also seems to me that when he screwed up on that holding of the FG and they were knocked out of the playoffs he has not been the same.

I know a lot and I mean a lot of Dallas fans who are not happy that Romo has not been replaced and I keep hearing rumblings about how Garrett should be fired also.

and as for the Skins, I really hope that whenever MS and Co. get the formula right and we hopefully get to the SB and hopefully win one, the coaching staff will put their aspirations aside and allow the formula to work for a few yrs and give the fans a few yrs SB contending and hopefully trophies instead of taking coaching jobs elsewhere and ruining a good thing. To me it always seems like a team will go to the SB then the a DC or OC gets stolen away and the team is not as good anymore or it takes time for them to get back to the level the were playing at.