Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
Bucket
Playmaker

Re: Post Indy Game Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I'm in the "the Colts will rebound" club.

With that said, their defense has similar weaknesses to ours: too many guys running free in the secondary. Not enough Jerraud Powers and Antoine Bethea's back there.

Now having seen all three preseason games, I don't have a good feel for the Redskins. The pass pressure, if anything, looks to be even fiercer than last year. And if that's a real observation, and not just something that looks like it in the preseason, it's not going to be that hard to develop quality players in the secondary.

On the other hand, the more I see of the Redskins offense, the more I'm convinced that its just not all that different from either of the last two years. I think Griffin should provide an immediate upgrade at quarterback as some of Grossman's INTs from 2011 turn into sacks or throwaways this season. And Trent Williams looks like a completely different player. But I feel like at 9 positions on the offense (everything except QB and LT), the Redskins aren't improved and in some cases have taken a step back.
Haven't been around the forums as much as I have in the past, but I am glad I can come on here and get a good laugh from Gtripp's insight of our teams situation still.

Good laugh..
Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote