Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #11
FRPLG
MVP

Re: Is excitement enough in 2012?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Fair points, but the Cowboys have been together for a while yet can't seem to win a playoff game. The Giants played great in the clutch, yet barely won the division. The Eagles scare me a bit this year for some reason but they're not the Packers. There are no world beaters in this division. I think we need to get over the notion that the NFC East is a black and blue division right now. It's just frankly not.

That said, I think you need to give more than a cursory blanket statement to support your call for another poor season.

Let's name the reasons why we went 5-11 last year:

1) Lots of injuries and suspensions coupled with poor depth
2) Terrible secondary play
3) Grossman's high turnover rate (20 picks and 5 lost fumbles in 13 games)
4) Not enough skill position weapons

#1 is addressed just by the return of healthy players. #3 is somewhat addressed by Griffin, who will probably throw picks but won't get sacked nearly as much. And #4 is addressed by Garcon, Morgan, and the return of Hankerson and Fred Davis.

2) is still a major problem.

But I don't see how that doesn't equate to at least a 2 or 3 game improvement over last year's 5-11 debacle. Care to elaborate?
I agree. The biggest thing for everyone to remember too at this point is we're all talking in likelihoods. If we have major injuries we could lose another 10-12 games. If we are remarkably healthy we could win 11-12. When I say 8-8 is reasonable I mean in a typical year with typical injuries and everything working out about average compared to last year.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote