Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Car Audio

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
Dirtbag59
Naega jeil jal naga

Car Audio

Anyone overhauled their cars audio system? I did slowly over this past summer. Such a pain trying to find the right equipment especially speakers but I finally ended up with a great budget setup.

- Alpine CDE-121 Headunit
- Alpine PowerPack Amp 45 Watts x 4 RMS
- 4 Alpine 60 Watt Coaxial Speakers 240
- 8 inch Sound Ordance 120 Watt RMS Compact Powered Subwoofer - Fits under the seat. And best of all doesn't annoy the neighbors.

All in all I spent like $700 but $150 of that was trial and error.

If I had known what I needed it all would have cost a lost less, as I learned halfway through the process to only pay car shops for installs and not to buy anything from them as their extremely overpriced.

Crutchfield on the other hand is a great place to buy equipment since they include everything or at least discount the parts you need. For example they included something like $30 of materials that I would have been charged for by any audio shop during install on my headunits. They also included a $40 wiring kit for my sub free. Speakers can be a little pricey though if you buy from them. Free 2 day shipping to Georgia was also pretty awesome.

PowerPack is an awesome product to if you're looking for a budget amp. No wiring kit needed all you do is plug into the back of any Alpine head unit and you're done. With a regular amp around the same power level it would have been something like $400 (Amp, parts, labor) all for a 50 watt RMS x 4 channel.

So with that said what do you have? What are you looking into? Etc.

"I feel like Dirtbag has been slowly and methodically trolling the board for a month or so now."
- FRPLG

Last edited by Dirtbag59; 12-25-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote