Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Exotic Animals on the Loose in Ohio after Park Owner Found Dead

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #29
over the mountain
Playmaker

Re: Exotic Animals on the Loose in Ohio after Park Owner Found Dead

from the articles i read they seemed to have had no choice. and vets on scene agreed.

they decided not to tranqulize b/c its was getting dark and they feared that if they did tranqulize, the animals would wonder off into the dark, be untracebale then wake up the next morning.

also read a qoute from a vet who tried to tranqulize a bengal (i think) from about 10 feet away. it charged her and a local sheriff was luckily there to shoot it.
another incident a mountain lion or something charged a guy from a few feet away.

the articles i read made it overwhelmingly seem like they had no other choice, PETA even rescinded their outrage, and the vets on scene said it was the only thing to do.

What should be done is regulating this thing. the guy had a series of problems and neighbor complaints of his animals roaming free on others property, he seemed emotionally unstable, just got out of prison on an unregistered guns violations and his captivity of these animals wasnt open for public or anything . . .just real strange a guy can and would keep all these animals . . oh yeah and he had been found guilty of animal abude and neglect in the past . . someone from the local zoo said they knew somehting wrong would happen with him and all those dangerous animals just never thought it woud be this bad