Locker Room Main Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #9
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Re: Start John Beck Madness Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanix544 View Post
When a coach benches an all pro quarterback in a game where he just wasnt very effective, or he "wasnt in good enough shape to run the 2 minute offense" (Yeah, and grossman is the epitome of physical strength and conditioning, gimme a fvckin break), then I would say after the past two games we have seen from rex grossman, it certainly is well within the realm of possibility that he sits Grossman and gives beck his shot. Who knows, he could break out and be an above average quarterback for us. One thing I know for certain is that we will not keep winning games like this with the subpar qb play we have witnessed the past 2 weeks. We should count ourselves EXTREMELY lucky to be 3-1 at this point. Our record in NO WAY justifies that Rex Grossmans job is safe, for the fact that none of the wins can be attributed to his stellar play, and all of them save for the giants game COULD have EASILY been lost due to the mistakes he is so prone to making, like he is on cue. Those thinking that Shanahan will not bench Rex based solely on the fact that we have won 3 games at this point of the season is fooling themselves. Rex's play is SCREAMING "Bench Me", and I hope and believe that Shanahan will make the correct call, and put in John Beck over the bye week.

As for this season, you will not find a better time to install a new quarterback with your offense. We know that Rex Grossman cannot be counted on, but John Beck has yet to show that he is as mistake prone as Rex. If we can cut out the INTs, fumbles and idiot throws to the other team that they miraculously fail to catch, then we might just see a little more productivity from our offensive group.
So what happens if you put Beck in and he fumbles twice and throws three pics against Philly? Do you go back to Rex? I mean when does the carousel stop?

You bench Rex now and you can't go back to him in my opinion. That is why he won't be benched until he gets hurt or this team is out of contention.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote