Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Was Unemployed for 2 days, started new job on Monday

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-27-2011, 08:43 PM   #1
SolidSnake84
Playmaker

Was Unemployed for 2 days, started new job on Monday

Sorry guys I am just posting this now, but I have been going through a tough past week and now finally have time to myself and can post about what is going on.

I lost my job on Saturday the 16th of July, the day I got home from my anniversary trip with my wife. To make a long story short, my former company had a meeting in May where they told us we may be laid off / have a loss of work in November, so I started sending out applications and posting on job boards, etc. One of the companies i applied to had a no-soliciation agreement with my former company, so when my ex-company found out, they fired me for it.

While this was going on, I had already been to two interviews with my company now, I was going out to interview during my lunch hour. I was fired on Saturday, was scheduled for a third and final interview this past Monday, and then last Friday, I was offered the position. After my ex-job paid me for my vacation I had left, I was paid for three days, unemployed for two, and went back to work just this Monday.

Just wanted to say it was a scary time, and the thought of having no job and a wife was very scary. My heart goes out to anyone who is unemployed, or even worse if they are unemployed with a spouse or children. Thank God mine lasted only two days but I definatley feel for the people suffering right now. The hardest part for me was not knowing if I was going to get hired by the job I am at now!