Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #11
mlmdub130
Playmaker

Re: Idiot bicyclists

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMScud View Post
Yeah, for those of us on my side of the argument, that picture certainly doesn't help. That's probably the most generous bike lane I've ever seen, and both riders are well within the lines. Definitely a fail of an example.
maybe it's just me because i am on 123 everyday all day, but if you are telling me that these two douches aren't making a dumb decision by riding side by side less than two feet away from a road where the speed limit is 55 and people do 65 to 70, you have to be kidding me. i think it's the fact that it is a still picture and you have no realization that the speed i'm traveling is over 50mph. if one of them hits a rock or some debris from an old accident and veers to the left a foot they would be dead, same if someone is doing their makeup on the way to work, ijust seems like a stupid risk to me.

the part that kills me is there is a path, not a side walk, but a bike path just the same as the w o&d trail, about 15 feet off the road away from cars traveling at 65mph.

i don't know, maybe i'm the a-hole here won't be the first time and damn sure not the last

ST21
mlmdub130 is offline   Reply With Quote