Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2011, 05:09 PM   #15
firstdown
Living Legend

Re: Do You or Your Wife Clip Coupons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Wait until he has to go car shopping with her. Doing that right now. It's gonna be a battle but I'm going to win.

"I don't like that car"
"I don't like that color"
"I don't like those seats"
"I want to be able to haul extra people around so the whole extended family can take one car" (how often will that actually happen?)

I'm more practical, really looking at the economics over the aethestics...women are the opposite. Going to avoid the SUVs because I foresee $5 gas next year with all of the Middle East crapola right now. Gonna go full-size sedan, likely Ford Taurus. She was against the idea at first, now I have her wanting to test drive one.

Of course, she will be the main driver, this will be a kid-hauler. Just sold my little coupe and will take her car.

Amateur!

My wifes last car I just purchase it then took her to give the OK. She asked why it only took us a minute to sign over the title and to take care of the payment. She did not know until latter I had already done a test ride, negotiated a price, got a certified check, etc... The guy selling the truck liked my added touch of asking for the lower price because of the tires while my wife was there. The only reason I needed her was for the ride there. Sounds bad but I was dishing out the cash and she was getting a newer SUV and we needed something bigger to tow the boat.

I know you don't want an SUV and I can understand why but i like the feeling of the added protection. The wife has the full size Yukon which is getting around 14 mpg but that also is partly because we tow the boat. Its big. I can put a full 4x8 piece of plywood laying flat and still shut the tail gate.
firstdown is offline   Reply With Quote