Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Parking Lot

Let's talk good beer

Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2011, 09:20 PM   #11
ArtMonkDrillz
Franchise Player

re: Let's talk microbrews good beer

So I've lived in the same apartment in the same city for over 2 years now and somehow I just realized that a liquor store with the best beer selection I have ever seen is only about 5 miles away. It's called The Perfect Pour in Elkridge/Columbia and walking down the beer aisle made me feel like one of those kids in Willy Wonka when they first saw the river of chocolate.

Anyway, last week I picked up two types of Abita and I really loved both of them. My cousin went to law school in NO and has told me this beer was pretty good but this was the first time I actually tried it. The first one I had was Restoration Pale Ale, it's very crisp and hoppy but not overboard - I very highly recommend it. The other one I had is called Jackamo IPA and it was also very good. It's a strong IPA but it's not that bitter; I thought it was almost sweet. Both were very good IMO.

Right now I'm drinking Rogue Irish Lager and I'm also liking this one a lot. It's not hoppy at all, but kind of light and smooth. Its the type of beer I think I could drink all night.

Seriously, there's a good chance I'm at Perfect Pour every weekend for the foreseeable future!