Parking Lot

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-29-2010, 07:16 PM   #10
itvnetop
Playmaker

Re: Merged: The Movies Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by htownskinfan View Post
Me n the wife saw kick ass last nite and thought it sucked ass.The scenes with an 11 yr old girl brutally murdering somebody and cussing just didnt sit right with us.{But I have to admit the cock joke was funny}And while shes murdering people there were people hysterically laughing,and me and my wife are looking at each other dumbfounded as to what was so damn funny,it didnt matter that its a child doing it,I dont think the scene was meant to be funny.It wasnt all bad,but it wasnt enjoyable to us.
Just watched the at the movie guys review and it was exactly how I felt
At the Movies
I guess it's funny because of how absurd the scenes are. Kind of like Kill-Bill- tons of limbs and heads being cut off within seconds, but because everything is so over-the-top it's not suppose to be taken seriously. But I'm in no way de-legitimzing your reactions to the film at all... just providing the other side.

The actress playing Hit Girl seems to be aware of the script's context and it seems her family made the conscious decision to accept the role after reading it. I previously saw her play a very mature younger sister in (500) Days of Summer and she's slated to play the main vampire girl in the American remake of "Let the Right One In" (an excellent, but bloody, film itself).

I read an interesting comparison about how child actors/actresses take on different lives from what they play in the movies. Drew Barrymore, Corey Haim and Macauley Caulkin played in innocent, playful roles when they were younger (aside from Caulkin's Good Son, he was mostly cast in stuff like Home Alone and My Girl). These kids went through some rough personal stuff as they grew older. You take a look at the recent young talent that chooses "mature" roles (Dakota Fanning, Chloe Moretz) and although it's too early to tell, it seems they're way more adjusted to the real world than their earlier peers and their parents are actually involved with their upbringing (beyond exploiting them for fame and money). My buddy met Moretz (Hit Girl) backstage at ComicCon this year and said she was super polite and her parents were with her the whole time... Of course this isn't a scientific study proving any real correlation- but just an observation.

my blather
itvnetop is offline   Reply With Quote